Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 05:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think monks are far superior tanks to rangers but that's just me maybe.. I think I tank on blue on my human monk literally over tanks at times because I'm easier to manage lol.....
The difference only really manifests from kunark onwards where rangers defence progression is stonewalled while other classes improve by about 25% in an expansion that only increases max level by 10.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think monks are far superior tanks to rangers but that's just me maybe.. I think I tank on blue on my human monk literally over tanks at times because I'm easier to manage lol.....
Yea much better at taking a hit but Flame Lick aggro is insane. Keeping the mob on one target is the key for burning down targets and not making your healer forcequit.

Not giving monks a taunt button was very smart engineering for the reason you mentioned.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:59 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The difference only really manifests from kunark onwards where rangers defence progression is stonewalled while other classes improve by about 25% in an expansion that only increases max level by 10.

Out of curiosity WTF did they do this? do you know, did they ever say? I'm playing a Ranger, enjoying it but also know it has some(more than some? lol) weaknesses. Heck 20 years ago when I was leveling my rogue people were talking about Rangers not being so hot. 20 years later it's still being talked about haha.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:23 AM
Banned

with the shit items available before planar rangers are literally rogues without backstab and shitty level 9 druid spells
Old 12-31-2019, 12:20 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflondon75 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Out of curiosity WTF did they do this? do you know, did they ever say? I'm playing a Ranger, enjoying it but also know it has some(more than some? lol) weaknesses. Heck 20 years ago when I was leveling my rogue people were talking about Rangers not being so hot. 20 years later it's still being talked about haha.
People have always been jelly of rangers imo! Well played ones could chain pull (at least outdoors, indoors in much later expansions), put out constant & respectable dps, provide CC to a fair degree, solo well and tank group content to a very respectable degree for at least the first 15 expansions. We turned into proper DPS beasts around 10 expansions in and one became one of the best hard solo classes.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
with the shit items available before planar rangers are literally rogues without backstab and shitty level 9 druid spells
Even if we admit this for the sake of argument, giving up backstab for harmony, snare, and root isn't the worst trade in MMO history.
Closed Thread