Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 08:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhorse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it's been mentioned in threads similar to this one. But the thing I always think about when I read these, "now more classic" threads is: What about teamspeak and vent? The capability voice chat adds to eq, especially in raids, has a tremendous impact. Plinking away at removing mob con colors, compasses, even buff timers seems pale in comparison. Especially if custom UI's restoring some lost functionality are legal.

I know there was a small percentage of the playerbase that had access to and used voice chat back in the classic era. However, there were also roads and cars in 1930. The efficacy and prevalence of the implementation yields a completely different degree of impact.
Yes it gets constantly mentioned. You could argue that people having memories of the content is non-classic. You could argue that having thorough online resources is non-classic. From what I can see, they're just trying to make things that they can control as classic as possible. Arguments about things they can't control are largely pointless.

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Aviak

You not classic nerds need to leave your basements occasionally.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not classic
Old 08-10-2015, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We live in penthouses now, overlooking you casual scum. You mad?
Old 08-10-2015, 09:33 PM
Kobold

As a bard, this has been devastating. Can't tell how long to leave each song up. Considering refilling.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMartigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a bard, this has been devastating. Can't tell how long to leave each song up. Considering refilling.
assuming this is troll since it's not hard to press 1-2-3-4 over and over again.

any minor inconvenience this caused has been more than made up for with the extra DoT tick - can keep 5 DoTs up no problem now
Old 08-12-2015, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMartigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pour that bard another drink.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

P2002 has no tab targeting, no mousewheel scroll, no tell windows, very limited options/graphics options. I have to say, it's pretty damn rough. As others have said, its the game mechanics that people love about eq, the community, etc. Not the horrible controls and view points. Keep some quality of life.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P2002 has no tab targeting, no mousewheel scroll, no tell windows, very limited options/graphics options. I have to say, it's pretty damn rough. As others have said, its the game mechanics that people love about eq, the community, etc. Not the horrible controls and view points. Keep some quality of life.
We need to get that code!
Old 08-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We need to get that code!
I <3 you Ele, but I also kind of want to kill you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pickahippy - 52 Druid
All priest, all the time.
Closed Thread