Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found this actually makes spell swapping faster
Yeah, me too! Schlurp schlurp!
Old 03-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

I would love if all of the maps were completely removed from the game along with the compass. I would be forced to use Sense heading [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nah, you're forgetting your #1 appeal : longevity.

You haven't just provided a past time where people go 'oh wow thats neat!" and play a month and move on to something else. Because this has strived to be close to classic and been done so extremely well we stay. We whine about the stupidest of things, but we keep logging in. Which is the real feedback, when it all comes down to it.

With the 1999 classic tag you would have gotten the same 10k faces through the door. You wouldnt have kept 1k around logging in nightly and god knows how many more come kunark.

You also have to factor in how many are here that *weren't* around in 1999. It's astounding the amount of people i've walked through lower guk and mistmoore and sol b who simply had never, ever been in those zones.

In a lot of ways, this *is* 1999 for a lot of people that weren't there in the beginning. Some people really are shocked that Breeze wasn't always there at 16, that newbie quest armor isn't supposed to be there, that they can find a ton of people in EC tunnel and Oasis at all hours.. etc..

You merely need to hit the EQC forum to see the fruits of single-mindedly obsessing over getting anything and everything completely classic. If this server mirrored that flag banner as opposed to the 'lets get it as close as we can on the fly, come try us out in the meantime anyways' mantra that's prevailed on here, we might never have held the numbers we have for this long.

That's why you'll always have factions on both sides of issues, whether it's ganking out manastones and guises, whether there is boats or teleporters.. UI issues like this one, and the neverending 'why is my class nerfed!?!?!' threads. Not everyone knew what it was like back then, and it's silly to assume that everyone here even cares. You care, of course, and you're calling the shots. So that's what really matters, at the end of the day.

Just believe me when i say: you got the top 5% from about 10 different servers here, and you're going to want to seriously consider two full servers come kunark, because while a typical Verant Server in 2000 may have had 2k people on it, they sure as hell weren't all level 50.9999 and ready to wreak hell on one another and RnF. And all the ones who went afk for kunark are about to reawaken. You were caught by surprise by your own succes when beta ended and live launched the first time. Be ready for the chaos this time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As a selfish personal request, any chance you can leave beta open after launch? For the times we feel like goofing off without the 2k people who were 'too uber and angry' to participate in beta? I'm going to miss that place. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
too valuable to lose to a new page~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkeye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
I found this actually makes spell swapping faster
Yeah, me too! Schlurp schlurp!
Way to cherry-pick my post, ass.

Quote:
I found this actually makes spell swapping faster for me because I was always too lazy to create a really robust list of spell sets, and individually selecting can mean a lot of extra actions. YMMV, I suppose.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love if all of the maps were completely removed from the game along with the compass. I would be forced to use Sense heading [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The first one is easy to do - just delete the maps directory. One of the first things I did along the way to getting my complete client down to 1.15gb.

The second one is too - just use a UI that does not include the Compass window, or, kill the Compass window. Basically, I use SH all the time.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Banned

I for one fully support the sort of "backwards-evolution" this server is trying to attempt, and although it may be an inconvenience in the short term to lose things like the context menus, in the long run it will allow me personally to appreciate the server much more. Which brings up another point that Bubbles mentioned, a lot of us will probably be on here for quite a while because we genuinely loved this game as it was when we began playing, and the closer we get to that the happier I am. If the game looks and functions like it did in the screenshots provided by Nilbog by the time Velious drops, I'll be happy as a clam. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Sarnak

When is the old UI rolling out? The original box UI? It has to roll out if we are keeping the timeline and staying true to the mission right? At least until Velious drops.

I sometimes wonder if the majority of the internet's gaming masochists are concentrated right here, in P1999.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Fire Giant

Hum... i always used the spell book anyways. I still think it is faster to just organize your spell book and use it to swap spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:14 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moklianne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When is the old UI rolling out? The original box UI? It has to roll out if we are keeping the timeline and staying true to the mission right? At least until Velious drops.

I sometimes wonder if the majority of the internet's gaming masochists are concentrated right here, in P1999.
It's already available. As well as the answer to the rest of your sarcastic questions. Search the forums.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Orc

Thank you to the Devs Uth and Nil,

While we complain in this forum, it is good to know that this was probably an oversight or not intentional. It didnt make sense to be intentional. I find the server to be a good mix of nastalgia and usefull modern changes... well to some degree coughbettertexturestostopeyebleedcough.

I would prefer the devs spent time on things that are game breaking like resists being high and mana regen problems.

I absolutely hate not having contextual menus but i will drudge on without them. I just hope they were an oversight.

Thanks for all the efforts and hard work. We should give a little less grief and a bit more pat on the back.... oh and when thats done... i need contextual menus[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread