Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 08:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FungusTrooper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt people'd be happy with P99 constantly scanning their running programs.
Nobody knows the specifics of what the anticheat does, but I can almost guarantee that at the very minimum it scans your running processes.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody knows the specifics of what the anticheat does, but I can almost guarantee that at the very minimum it scans your running processes.
Not sure why people are going weird about this - tons of games do this. I'm honestly cool with them scanning for anti cheats. It's not like they're scanning for nudes or anything (not like the nudes will even be good if scanning p99 buddies ehehh). Better game with less cheaters, eh?
Last edited by mischief419; 09-09-2019 at 08:58 AM..
Old 09-09-2019, 09:14 AM
Sarnak

A minor thing with this patch, the Mistmoore changes are great!

As someone who levels alts over and over and MM being one of the premiere spots - the changes make the zone feel that much more organic.

Replacing the two stair spawns in the Garg area with a roamer who goes into CY in particular was a great change. A few of the mobs near the Butler/Maid area were good too.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:15 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On one computer I did v47->v48->v49 and on another v47->v49 it worked on both. It's seems two common problems seems to be that it's broken on some Mac and that bitdefender don't like a dll and quarantine it, check if your issue is not one of them (the offending dll is dsetup.dll at the root of the p99/eq folder)
I initially thought I did something wrong. I didn't realize off hand they restricted some more of the UI functions. That's my own fault for not reading more first before posting. While I get some of the changes. I don't really get the purpose of removing the menu button or even the friends window given the client they are using. Then again I never understood why we needed EQ Titanium instead of EQ Trilogy either. So there's that also. lol It's all good though. I still wouldn't mind a copy of v48 to drop in my folder of patches so if you or anyone feels like hooking me up it'd be much appreciated. If not that's fine too. Thanks mate. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by KOOLLAYD; 09-09-2019 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: Corrections.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowhead441 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
May I login Please? :/

I log in and get no characters. Says my spell lists are outdated. Only have apply the patch like 10 times already.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2019, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

Great patch, keep striving for the best classic experience!

The last 23 pages confirm what I've been saying for the last months of Green speculation - most of you won't play green because it will be too hard.
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 09-09-2019, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FungusTrooper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean.. how could they police GINA? Introduce a logger that checks to see if it's running, and if so, close your game? I doubt people'd be happy with P99 constantly scanning their running programs.

Pretty sure they'd ban it if they could, since it's not classic.
This functionality is already in place. The devs can see all the processes running on your system as well as the hostname. They're able to tell if you're running on a VM, so they might have acess to device id's too. Who knows what else. This was done around 2011 to prevent macroquest2.

We really need an open source P99 clone.
Last edited by bomaroast; 09-09-2019 at 11:10 AM..
Old 09-09-2019, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreldorEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great patch, keep striving for the best classic experience!

The last 23 pages confirm what I've been saying for the last months of Green speculation - most of you won't play green because it will be too hard.

"too hard"

this game has some skill involved sure, attention to detail, knowledge of mechanics. But the most prevalent trait out of anything here is time. To compete with unemployed, moms house basement dweller is near impossible. Now widen that margin even more with everyone knowing what to do, where to go and increase the population well over the limit past the point of insanity where it will be at least 1500 people on three continents. Take 25% of that 1500 population lets say ? who will be hell bent on getting legacy items. Looking in the ballpark of 3-400 ppl in Lower Guk. Now in all transparency my ass will be here and ready to go on server launch, but I'm not fooling myself, I realize that will have a slim to 0 chance at both legacy items now that I'm much older than I was as a teenager. I still enjoy the hell out of the game when I can play it. Of course you will get those whiny people who want what other people want without spending the time. Again, too hard isn't the reality...it's an MMO. How much time you can spend/waste in the elf sim is the discerning factor. However, if we can get two green servers somehow =) then that'd be cool! I'm sure the 10 people who play red wouldn't mind =P
Old 09-09-2019, 11:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This functionality is already in place. The devs can see all the processes running on your system as well as the hostname. They're able to tell if you're running on a VM, so they might have acess to device id's too. Who knows what else. This was done around 2011 to prevent macroquest2.
I guess it's time to start a new log parser called chrome.exe. /s
Old 09-09-2019, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Great patch! Was great to see some skill-ups from the ranger and the pally does passable damage now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for the constant effort despite the moaning from some of the population. I don't remember the pet window 20 years ago. It was nice but so is most free stuff.
Closed Thread