Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 10:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trust me when I say this server has come a LONG way from being truly toxic. Most of the ill minded people have burned out or been banned.

back in 2010-2014 was probably the most toxic period of this server. And the fact that they had to clean up the forums is proof of this.

Many of you will never know just how crazy things on p99 and p99 forums use to be. I was lucky to catch the tail end of the madness.
I lost a friend in RL when he sat down at my computer with the P99 forums loaded up in 2010. I walked into the room with the computer and he slowly turned to look at me with the most aghast look of horror on his face. He never came over again.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

lol dial a daniel how frustrating that must be for the right brained trying to move from one camp to another [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-31-2019, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuktus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are poking fun, but let us dig deeper. A realistic situation many of us have seen before. Hill giants are being farmed by two or three lvl 50s. You arrive on scene to see NO hill giants are up. Not one.

Now, I agree that if you are first to engage, you have rights to that mob. My question isn't about that. My question, is it toxic if the over-leveled individuals do everything (allowed by the rules) in their power to limit your ability to pull? They don't share. They don't leave you one or two mobs to hunt. They continue the slaughter to the absolute best of their abilities. Is that toxic? Or is that normal behavior?
I want to make a blueberry pie. I go outside and find a blueberry patch. After a while another berry picker arrives and asks if they can pick from the same patch because they're making jam. If I share the patch, I won't have enough for the pie I want to make. I'll have to spend more time finding another patch. Should I inconvenience myself so another doesn't have to? What is my duty to their wants?

No one here needs pie or jam. There is no prize for the best pie. No award for the jam. We just want it because it's tasty.

It's normal human behavior. People set goals for themselves, other people do too, and sometimes these goals conflict. Then they argue about it, someone wins or loses or there is a compromise. "Toxic" should not be used to describe human behavior because it dehumanizes it and it dehumanizes the person it describes.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos1990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every 6 man camp within my level range (Im a druid, i checked them all) is taken by a duo of 1 mage + 1 other class or swapped between infinite guild mates. Noone answers tells for the most mundane of questions leading to wonderful adventures ending in 5+ all anons after a 20 minute trip and movement patterns appearing to be a box.
None of this stuff is toxicity, it's EverQuest. If you want a group, sometimes you have to work for it or foster relationships with other players to receive invitations.

This isn't like other MMOs. Sometimes a group becomes a lot less efficient when they add new people. Some people are okay with gaining less experience, but other people are not. You are not entitled to join a group just because you feel like the group is being "greedy" by killing "too many" mobs.

Just because the game mechanics are different from other games and those game mechanics have created a different culture, doesn't mean that any of it is toxic. It's just a different experience that's mostly unique to EverQuest.
Last edited by Khorza; 10-31-2019 at 11:10 AM..
Old 10-31-2019, 11:12 AM
Banned

Default Its why men have man caves and garages.

Pre and Post social media Internet.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:38 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server is very toxic. I sat at a camp for two hours waiting on "list" even dropping heals sometimes just to have two of the parties friends jump in ahead of me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is hilarious to see you saying this because you are such a wretched person that you personally lessened my enjoyment
both these people play paladins

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yikes, time to reconsider your life.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanidor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Instead of being pro-active I'm more like anti-active when it comes to making groups... Some people just aren't cut out for leader roles, especially introverts. :-/
Which is where some of us more outgoing people reach out to you and get a group going!
Old 10-31-2019, 11:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol dial a daniel how frustrating that must be for the right brained trying to move from one camp to another [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What?
Old 10-31-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

I think left brained people will laugh while the more analytical will be frustrated at the inefficiency they must suffer through to find a dial a port when the camps at their current local are full up.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server is very toxic. I sat at a camp for two hours waiting on "list" even dropping heals sometimes just to have two of the parties friends jump in ahead of me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is hilarious to see you saying this because you are such a wretched person that you personally lessened my enjoyment
both these guys are paladins

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yikes, time to reconsider your life.
Closed Thread