Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 12:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Best place to make money?

I am leveling quick enough that I don't have enough cash to buy my new spells as they become available. I guess this isn't a bad problem to have, but I'm wondering where I can go to make some decent money. Solo or group, it doesn't matter. I tried the sister camp in LFay a few levels ago, and ended up waiting around for the camp to clear instead of making money. I've looked at the guides and I can do what they recommend, but what I'm asking people here is: what WON'T be perma-camped? and: what WILL provide a decent amount of cash? 18 enchanter. TY!
Old 08-05-2015, 12:09 PM
Fire Giant

At 18 you're gonna be hard pressed to find a better cash camp than Nybrights

Gargoyles in OOT may be a decent alternative, but they're level 19. They drop 1-3 eyes per kill, eyes sell for ~9pp to a vendor
Old 08-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iniamyen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am leveling quick enough that I don't have enough cash to buy my new spells as they become available. I guess this isn't a bad problem to have, but I'm wondering where I can go to make some decent money. Solo or group, it doesn't matter. I tried the sister camp in LFay a few levels ago, and ended up waiting around for the camp to clear instead of making money. I've looked at the guides and I can do what they recommend, but what I'm asking people here is: what WON'T be perma-camped? and: what WILL provide a decent amount of cash? 18 enchanter. TY!
You may be a little low, but possibly highkeep goblin groups. Roll on bricks and gobby ears to sell or use for exp.

Sisters is definitely a good bet if you can find it open. Theres always stacks of bonechips and spider silks also, If you just want to crank out some plat to get by.

Someone else will hopefully chime in that is a little more knowledgable than I.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

You could go to crushbone and farm belts and pads. as a lvl 18 ench you could probably solo the throne room or close to it. Get a partner around your lvl and you could duo TR nps. Belts go for 3pp ea pads for 5pp ea. You could probably get more if you are patient. Also you will still get exp there.

Another option is still the CB belts/pads, but not crushbone. Look up the map for Lfay on the wiki and go to the different orc camps there. They are the SAME exact mobs as the ones in CB. (Cents, legos, oracles) They drop the SAME loot, and are never camped. I think there are 4 of these camps. Avoid the orc chief, he's in his 20's iirc.

Edit: While you are killing orcs in Lfay, wait for sisters to open up and take that when you can. Talk to the person camping it and tell them that you would like the camp next and to shoot you a tell before they are leaving. Most people are very agreeable to this.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Click my name refer to plat guide. It's based around red server but can apply on blue in some areas. Feel free to bump it.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Bard diet, type it into the wiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-05-2015, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iniamyen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe Everfrost Peaks, the mammoth calves? And drakes of all kinds tend to drop gems.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 08-05-2015, 12:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I had my enchanter kill black bears when she was young and higher bears as she leveled to get the HQ bear pelts and sell them for 30pp a piece easy peasy. Never had an issue with money for spells and new armor/jewelry. Also Willowisps in Karana to do the Greater Lightstone quest and get almost 10pp for the item she gives you for the GLS, the exp is nice too.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You may be a little low, but possibly highkeep goblin groups. Roll on bricks and gobby ears to sell or use for exp.

Sisters is definitely a good bet if you can find it open. Theres always stacks of bonechips and spider silks also, If you just want to crank out some plat to get by.

Someone else will hopefully chime in that is a little more knowledgable than I.
Way to low. Most highkeep groups wont even look at you till 23+.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

There are bandit camps in lFay that are good back ups for when sisters is full (iirc bandits are 3spawn instead of 4 spawn). They also drop bronze weapons like candy.

I always find upper guk to be decent cash/xp.

Spiders drop stackable spider silks, which are worth a few plat per stack.

Spiders and frogs drop gems often worth a few pp each.

Frogs drop various pieces of armour worth circa 1pp.

There are a couple of decent ECmart items there too, such as the resist stick from the froglok squire.

You can also get yourself parts for an incandescent mask from guk.

Solo wise for pure plat: bandits/sisters till 20. Gargoyles till 24. Mammoths till bored.

They all have good cash loot and vendors in zone.
Closed Thread