Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-01-2015, 01:31 AM
Banned

http://www.legacyofsteel.net/Archives/Post/2001-08-29

Quote:
If you told me you took 70 to beat Vyemm I would still pat you on the back. No zerg accusations here. Like I said, Vyemm is the mackdaddy sum-beeotch. Folks, we had 5 LoS clerics and one guest cleric tonight. I think our numbers were right around 45-50ish. It was a *sweet* kill. Those who have fought Vyemm can appreciate what 6 clerics and less than 50 people means.
lol @ the idea of fighting vyemm with 6 clerics with the damage output he has now
Old 09-01-2015, 01:38 AM
Developer

That's 8 months after release on a blue server. How many years did it take Pandemonium from TZ to kill him? "I think our numbers were right around 45-50ish." means they really had 65.

Red really seems to be pushing this whine to win route, but PVP servers always suffered during PvE progression. Vyemm will not be changed because he is too hard for red.

I would be surprised if Vyemm is not killed with less than 60 in the next 8 months. He will never be harder than he is right now. With that said, the big 4, King Tormax, Avatar of War, Tunare and Lord Vyemm should never be pushovers in the timeline that P99 has. Several of these were not killed (legitimately) on most servers for the first 6 months to a year after Velious was released.
Last edited by Alunova; 09-01-2015 at 01:46 AM..
Old 09-01-2015, 01:42 AM
Banned

load up a warrior with best in slot velious gear and test a 6 cleric CH chain with the current vyemm and let me know how that works for you

you cannot be serious thinking he's anywhere close to how he was in classic

i'm interested in classic everquest; if i wanted to keep up with blue's PvE progression, i would drop all recruitment requirements and start bringing 100+ people to raids like they do

but then you'll complain that we raid with too many people
Old 09-01-2015, 01:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've replied to this in threads of the past, but:

Personally, I'd like to create classically-inspired content and mechanics as an addition to a new server while leaving p99 as a museum quality example of classic eq. There would be no custom content on the (most classic as possible) server. Additional bugs or researched anomalies would still be corrected.

After we have prekunark-Velious as pristine as possible, the aforementioned classically-inspired content is where I would devote my free time. I do not believe any developer on staff wants to work on recreating anything past Velious.
doesn't really add up with what's going on here?
Old 09-01-2015, 02:10 AM
Planar Protector

We'll kill him eventually. He just wasn't this hard.

Also, on live, half of that time was just finding out what the dragons did/ how to position them/ theory crafting ways to kill them. Everyone knows what it takes to kill them here.

On top of that - a huge majority of Red and Blue players went into this expansion here with a vastly larger gear pool than the people on live servers did. FoH was barely in VP. We're coming into this with clerics that have 3400 mana starting out.

I mean it's fine. Like I said, he will die. But I, along with everybody else, found no evidence of him quadding for 1250s. The only actual log I could find was from Luclin, and it's short, with the biggest hit of 1100 on a cloth class.

http://solinvictus.yuku.com/reply/22...tep#reply-2286

[Sat Sep 14 14:01:00 2002] Karthunk has been slain by Lord Vyemm!
[Sat Sep 14 14:01:00 2002] Your Naki's Studded Ring shimmers briefly.
[Sat Sep 14 14:01:00 2002] You begin casting Funeral Pyre of Kelador.
[Sat Sep 14 14:01:03 2002] Snneaaky is ripped through a dimensional hole.
[Sat Sep 14 14:01:04 2002] Goldbeard tells the guild, 'karth down'
[Sat Sep 14 14:01:07 2002] Aric was injured by falling.
[Sat Sep 14 14:01:07 2002] You have been summoned!
[Sat Sep 14 14:01:07 2002] Lord Vyemm tries to claw YOU, but misses!
[Sat Sep 14 14:01:07 2002] Lord Vyemm tries to claw YOU, but misses!
[Sat Sep 14 14:01:07 2002] Lord Vyemm claws YOU for 750 points of damage.
[Sat Sep 14 14:01:07 2002] Lord Vyemm claws YOU for 1100 points of damage.
[Sat Sep 14 14:01:07 2002] Lord Vyemm claws YOU for 250 points of damage.
[Sat Sep 14 14:01:08 2002] Jaffe begins to cast a spell.
[Sat Sep 14 14:01:09 2002] Feldor begins to cast a spell.
[Sat Sep 14 14:01:09 2002] Lord Vyemm claws YOU for 250 points of damage.
[Sat Sep 14 14:01:09 2002] Lord Vyemm claws YOU for 1000 points of damage.
[Sat Sep 14 14:01:09 2002] You have been slain by Lord Vyemm!
[Sat Sep 14 14:01:11 2002] Returning to home point, please wait...
[Sat Sep 14 14:01:11 2002] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...

I think Blue and Red share the same feelings on it, in that it's difficult/ sucks trying to gather twelve clerics (or more) for the encounter. We're just being vocal about it, especially because, from all the evidence we've found, he appears to be tuned to a non-classic level of damage output.

I'm actually curious why he was changed after the first week? What about his damage output struck the developers as non-classic? Was it just the fact that he was killed in the first week and the instinct was that he shouldn't be? Or did you actually find sources indicating he hit harder and faster? Was every other mob not tuned correctly also, or was it just AoW and Vyemm?
Old 09-01-2015, 02:15 AM
Banned

yea i think this one is personal, i don't think alunova realizes that khanable is an officer? of rampage, the only guild actually killing vyemm atm

i guess it's just convenient to blame it on red and not admit that it's custom99
Old 09-01-2015, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Even 8 months from now, 6 clerics will simply not be enough to heal the encounter fast enough (CHs won't be fast enough, nor will that spell refresh fast enough). Our tanks are at 6k hp, 1400-1500ac each right now, and they'll gain possibly 100-200 more ac and 500 more hp in the next coming six months.

I'm imagining that all raiding guilds on both servers are force feeding their tanks/ clerics like foie gras already.

We just have way more knowledge now, fifteen years later. Gearing tanks and clerics first were issues just becoming a realization back then. Everyone here already knows how to steamline/ resolve issues before they're even really a problem.

Both guilds from Red and Blue did Vyemm on week 1 with over 90 people and probably 10-15 clerics. But the main point is - both guilds knew the encounter going into it, knew the stakes, knew he was unslowable, knew how quickly the rotation needed to be set, knew they needed patches going in between, possibly even a rune rotation, knew he launches people the way he's facing, knew over agro/ facing him toward the lava pit could be raid ending, etc. That knowledge/ empirical testing probably took more than three months alone when Velious came out in 2001.

None of these mobs are new to us, they're just a chance to experience classic EQ over again. It's not really a surprise that both guilds killed Vyemm in week 1 with max geared Kunark warriors and clerics min maxxing hard as hell. I don't remember guilds putting double bards in a group with four clerics on live. I don't remember every bard having their epic. I don't remember necros with 3500 mana going into Velious. I don't remember 6 different warriors with 5500hp on day 1 of Velious.

It's kind of comparing apples to oranges with how long we stayed in Kunark compared to live servers.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:52 AM
Planar Protector

Wow is this what red has come to?
You have admitted in this thread and previous threads that these encounters were designed for less,people and you guys bring 100 to ToV and still wipe on Lord Vyemm and then proceed to beg the staff to nerf him so you can kill him? Jesus christ. Get to crootin,and stop complaining. Its not like you havent already been doing that to avoid pvp and get an uncontested server.
Work on it.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow is this what red has come to?
You have admitted in this thread and previous threads that these encounters were designed for less,people and you guys bring 100 to ToV and still wipe on Lord Vyemm and then proceed to beg the staff to nerf him so you can kill him? Jesus christ. Get to crootin,and stop complaining. Its not like you havent already been doing that to avoid pvp and get an uncontested server.
Work on it.
You aren't in a raid guild, have no interest in raid guilds, don't raid, don't lead raids, don't know anything about this encounter, and literally said nothing of merit relative to Vyemm, making you a completely worthless, trashcan waste of space here.

Everyone here is now dumber for having seen your post. Please stop posting, you insignificant nothing.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You aren't in a raid guild, have no interest in raid guilds, don't raid, don't lead raids, don't know anything about this encounter, and literally said nothing of merit relative to Vyemm, making you a completely worthless, trashcan waste of space here.

Everyone here is now dumber for having seen your post. Please stop posting, you insignificant nothing.
lol