Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-14-2016, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Default Plane of Mischief - Card Drops

On EQMac, all mobs in AiW4 could drop thrones. On P99 however Glonk and Grink cannot drop thrones. This is incorrect. I've been researching trying to find evidence beyond just how I know it worked on EQMac and found some:

Mischief Boards 2001

Mischief Boards 2001

Quote:
cleared alice once n got a red throne off glonk
cleared puppets n got crap ^_^
i have revived hope in this zone again
Quote:
In 2 days this week.

Glonk in AIW, on 4th kill (hard Glonk) Black Throne dropped

Tunare Puppet today dropped Blue Throne.
Quote:
also one throne from the last ape in AiW.
Quote:
I'm one of the only people on the Tribunal that touchs PoM, and as I only play for 2-3 hours a week spread out over 30-40 minute intervals, clearing 4th tier AiW is the most productive use of my time

In the last two weeks of doing this, I've managed to get 6 thrones. That is probably around 8 22s, and 5-6 glonk/grinks, and a couple doing of the halfling pair. As a solo shaman the halflings are a pain in the ass, and take around 20+ minutes to do both.

Also, I was lucky enough to get TWO thrones off 22 at once... Blue/Black.
Quote:
I got 5 thrones from Alice last night, including 3 red. :eek On the other hand I haven't seen a puppet give up a throne since Lawrence Welk went off the air.
Mischief Boards 2001

Quote:
Card drops
Well on the count that nobody cares about any cards except thrones. 4th Grink, Glonk, Brenn and Grenn will drop thrones. Their chances are like 1/7ish. TwentyTwo however has decent chance of dropping thrones. I'd say he is 1/3. Twice I've seen him drop 2 thrones at one time. Let me just say when you solo him and get 2 thrones it makes you feel damn good.

Stomples also drops thrones, I've seen him dropa white throne a black crown and a jester at the same time for me hehe. Jester seems to be his more common, thrones on him seem to be rare in my case, I've killed him over 20 times and only have gotten 1 throne. I know others who have killed him less but got 2.

Second and third Alice will drop crowns/knights. First can drop squires.

Archers are the end of alice can drop knights/crowns. The garden area can drop knights/crowns.

Rat maze can drop knights/squires.

Upside down wing crowns/knights.

Puppet theatre is fubared.

Forest can drop squires/ knights from those hands dtreasure chest and stuff. Pansies can also drop knights.

Chest room (main room) can drop BLAM STickS! and squirse also.

Chessboard can drop knights/crowns.

Jesters will drop from STomples, Ferjenerer, and My Right Hand.

Bozer the bear, Riccolous, and Jumbo Gorilla King can drop knights/crowns in the Northwest wing.

Teence the Naysayer and Petunia the doll can drop squires, Teence might drop knights but my memory is rusty.

Mr. Malodar, Willy the hall Monitor and Life can drop knights/squires.

Gorilla scholars can drop knights/crowns. The Spinxes drop squires.... and Pinky Enflaksdjflks II can drop a rusty mace!

Bristlebane drops like nothing...and the audience drop squires and knights.

Killing Vinni V.D Vicci resulted in nothing, no even pp. I had to kill him cause I accidently handed him a white throne instead of a cod card. They need to change the looks cause I got a heart attack when I did that.
Mischief Board 2001

Quote:
So puppets drop thrones.
Section 4 of AiW including last set of Halflings, Gronk, Grink, and 22.
Eightsix.
Basically, in AiW each size has a 22 (Invis NPC), Brenn/Grenn (Halflings), Glonk (Gorilla), Grink (Rat). They should all be able to drop the same quality of cards. Bolded being the best type that size can drop.

Size 1 (Smallest) = Squire drops
Size 2 = Knight+Squire drops
Size 3 = Crown+Knight+Squire drops
Size 4 (Largest) = Throne+Crown+Knight+Squire drops

Also there's mention of double card dropping AiW mobs that is a rare occurance, Double throne being stupidly rare from what I can gather. None of the mobs can currently drop 2 cards on P99.

Quote:
Throne cards. A Black and a Blue. Black came from AiW, Blue came from chest in main room.
Also the treasure chest in the main hall (whom spawns KoS Halflings once aggroed), should also drop Thrones. I don't believe he does on this server, however I have only killed him once or twice, haven't heard of anyone getting a throne from him though.
Last edited by Daldaen; 01-14-2016 at 12:54 PM..
Old 01-14-2016, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

amazing #classicquest work here Dald

hopefully we can get a boost in card drops esp those double ones woah
Old 01-14-2016, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Size 1 (Smallest) = Squire drops
Size 2 = Knight+Squire drops
Size 3 = Crown+Knight+Squire drops
Size 4 (Largest) = Throne+Crown+Knight+Squire drops

This kind of makes sense ya know?
Old 01-14-2016, 03:53 PM
Banned

i have personally seen grink on alice 4 drop thrones, and i'm fairly certain that i've seen glonk drop a throne as well

maybe you've just been unlucky?
Old 01-14-2016, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Must be. I've never heard of a single throne coming from big Glonk/Grink.

Nor have I heard of the main-room chest dropping one either.

Definitely haven't heard about double-drops from 22. And our drop rates are in Luclin era, not the pre November/December rates listed in the long quote. 1/7 from mobs in AiW and 1/3 off 22 sounds incredible.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:17 PM
Banned

yeah i spent a few weeks off and on farming all of alice 4 prior to the addition of 22's loot table back at the start of velious

definitely saw a throne or two from grink, i THINK i saw a throne off of glonk once, brenn/grenn seemed to have much higher drop rates, though
Old 01-14-2016, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have personally seen grink on alice 4 drop thrones, and i'm fairly certain that i've seen glonk drop a throne as well

maybe you've just been unlucky?
Any others confirm that Glonk/Grink on Red99 dropped thrones?

I have spoken to many of the PoM inhabitants who absolutely farm this zone non-stop and no reported double card drops ever ( unless Jester ) and also never heard of a Throne from Glonk/Grink in T4.

Able to check your logs to corroborate?
Old 01-14-2016, 04:23 PM
Banned

What a surprise, the drop rates in mischief on p99 are not good either compared to live!

That guys mentioned getting 6 thrones off a total of maybe 30 mobs. Here you are very lucky if you get 1 throne in 30 mobs.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

If you read through the posts on that website, there's a very clear nerf patch in like... Mid November 2001.

In the nerf the invisible NPCs disappear (because GM Hidden), and drop rates on thrones get absolutely obliterated.

But before that point, you have guys saying thrones 1/7 Alice mobs, 1/3 22. Double thrones off 22. Getting 6 thrones out of 20-30 AiW mobs. Getting 5 Thrones in a single night at AiW. Etc.

At the point of the nerf though the Funny Money combination using Top Left WoW + Complete WoW is discovered and Peachy starts asking for 4 Funny Money's. So it's possible the nerf coincided with that discovery or more likely they were patched in at the same time, making it so that you could complete armor without melting down 2-4 thrones just to get an armor box.
Last edited by Daldaen; 01-14-2016 at 04:32 PM..
Old 01-14-2016, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any others confirm that Glonk/Grink on Red99 dropped thrones?

I have spoken to many of the PoM inhabitants who absolutely farm this zone non-stop and no reported double card drops ever ( unless Jester ) and also never heard of a Throne from Glonk/Grink in T4.

Able to check your logs to corroborate?
i'm 100% sure that one of the times that grink dropped a throne it was on Colgate

unfortunately, i clear out his logs at least once a month so it doesn't take over a minute to open the file

in the shaman alt i was also using to solo alice 4, i was only able to see in his logs thrones from brenn/grenn

i'm still not 100% on if glonk ever dropped a throne for me, 100% on grink, though

i think in around 6 weeks of off and on farming of PoM, a vast majority of the thrones i got came from brenn/grenn

i can attest that i've never seen nor heard of a mob in PoM dropping more than 1 card at a time
Last edited by Colgate; 01-14-2016 at 05:03 PM..