Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-14-2016, 11:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check12345 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Log:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2h...ZSckpwUFE/view

Notepad++ and Gamparse should do the trick.
Whoops, should have mentioned this is a log from EQMAC PoM, so basically 1.5.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

^
Old 07-21-2016, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

according to countless testimony, the card drop rate gets nerfed significantly within the first 2 months of the zone being discovered during Velious and that is what this server is currently using for its PoM card drop rate

I doubt we will see the 'original' drop rate ever on this server bc it was nerfed so quickly
Old 03-19-2017, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

25 puppet shows of 8 puppets duoed since last throne drop, can confirm rate is brutal so if it shouldn't, you know, that'd be great!
Old 07-18-2017, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

This thread makes me sad.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread makes me sad.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:01 AM
Sarnak

I'm gearing up to try and make my way to PoM to start farming a couple pieces of armor and this post is disheartening! Damn.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 12-08-2018, 05:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm gearing up to try and make my way to PoM to start farming a couple pieces of armor and this post is disheartening! Damn.
The more hands farming the more there is to go around especially among those hands. I've completed a few pieces just farming away until I hear someone in puppets got a crown etc I needed and promptly snapped it up.

Semi off topic on the whole PoM business but not straying too far I hope:

Sadly Phee I'm leary of putting a lot of stock into the 1.5 logs. In 1.0 the zone was a broken and unfinished mess. It's interesting that as soon as people started showing up in PoM the nerf hit. Those low card rates fit together with an image of a raider's vacation pad. Almost a pseudo form of alternate advancement in some ways. When you've conquered all the insane fights of the expansion having a place to quietly group away with your other raider buddies farming gear sets like no others, it begins to feel like an attempt at putting some kind of time suck for the most time committed players.

I believe there were some max hits in the logs as well that differed but there is very little proof from 1.0 to compare with and my personal opinion is when someone does a revamp there is no telling what particularities change between versions. *Cough EQMAC, every port that ever was, and on* On a whole the logs are great data it's just you cant read this reverse Rosetta Stone and make it legitimate to the project. Last time I recall this 'pragmatism' being put in place we got things like dragon faction nerfed in ToV based on live data and the WL exploit. This just all ties into how hard faction is to raise.

Considering the expansion design intent was for you to stay on your faction/s it's very easy to conceive of high faction hits during the era and then for a lessening as time goes on and guilds who couldn't quite make it then get to do all that old content like the uber guilds of an expansion or two. Just a theory but I suspect that someone was playing around with these ideas back then.

I could get into how we use Lucan era recharge prices but eh way off topic. Or the unclassic Lucan spawn time which was used as a band aid for guilds farming soulfires. Except just implementing the original designers fix would have fixed both that and avoided the years of adversarial conflict over him. Time and time again it seems those on high here would rather watch the hamsters tirelessly flail in the hamster cages than promoting a pardon my language but immoral shit design philosophy. Or......

i did not proofread or edit this sucks to be you
Old 07-22-2019, 10:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

So... this thread never even received dev acknowledgement? Just finally made it to PoM this week and extremely sad to see that it is not at all the PoM I remember. Can't even make funny money correctly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No wonder you rarely see anyone with PoM armor on this server. Extremely depressing and primarily seems to benefit farmers/RMT'ers while bottlenecking players who would actually like to quest their own gear.
Old 03-20-2022, 05:46 AM
Large Rat

I have seen Glonk drop a white throne in A4.