Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 01:04 AM
Sarnak

Question What are the biggest gameplay changes with Kunark?

Aside from the fact that loot and new exp zones are becoming available, what are the big gameplay changes that come with Kunark?

What I mean are things like the level cap to 60, pretty sure rogues get double backstab... things like that. It's just been too long to recall much of it.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 03-10-2011, 01:56 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I think disciplines are introduced, and taunt will work on higher con mobs. That's all I got.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:16 AM
Fire Giant

I think higher level mobs start to summon in kunark.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:33 AM
Fire Giant

Aside from the obvious and previously stated, there is a small thing I'd like to point out. The dungeon design changed a bit with Kunark with more fatally positioned patrols and more named mobs that actually take a strong trio or group.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:39 AM
Fire Giant

More actual difficulty because of new mob abilities.
Warriors being more useful.
Mages getting knocked down a peg or two.
Bards have fun with selo's song of travel
Disciplines
Less zone crowding (to a point, zones like seb are going to be raped for weeks)

Kunark just basically expands the game to about double its size, it really does so much to just post about it.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More actual difficulty because of new mob abilities.
Warriors being more useful.
Mages getting knocked down a peg or two.
Bards have fun with selo's song of travel
Disciplines
Less zone crowding (to a point, zones like seb are going to be raped for weeks)

Kunark just basically expands the game to about double its size, it really does so much to just post about it.

double the size? i thought it increased it maybe by 20% or so if you take into acount all vanilla zones vs kunark zones.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
double the size? i thought it increased it maybe by 20% or so if you take into acount all vanilla zones vs kunark zones.
Well see it as this way. Classic had 49 zones roughly not including cities. Kunark adds 24 zones not including Cabilis.

So yeah, it may not be "doublee" but it's at least 50% is what I probably meant instead.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well see it as this way. Classic had 49 zones roughly not including cities. Kunark adds 24 zones not including Cabilis.

So yeah, it may not be "doublee" but it's at least 50% is what I probably meant instead.
Kunark adds a particular amount of content to the 20+ game. LoIO sustains a LOT of players, as does OT/FM/FV/DL for the 29-45ish crowd.

But the biggest improvement is for the 45+ crowd. KC/Seb/Chardok/Charasis/Skyfire/BW/EJ/TT/ add a TON of options, where OOT/Oasis (8 spec spawns, whooptee doo)/Lguk/Sol B/Guard or NPC camping were really your only options for killing junk. And let's not forget the hole, which comes a short time after Kunark launch.

Kunark really builds the 40+ game into an awesomely diverse set of places to kill junk and get phat lewtz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Kobold

Also a LOT more undead to kill. Great for necros, clerics, and pally's.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kunark adds a particular amount of content to the 20+ game. LoIO sustains a LOT of players, as does OT/FM/FV/DL for the 29-45ish crowd.

But the biggest improvement is for the 45+ crowd. KC/Seb/Chardok/Charasis/Skyfire/BW/EJ/TT/ add a TON of options, where OOT/Oasis (8 spec spawns, whooptee doo)/Lguk/Sol B/Guard or NPC camping were really your only options for killing junk. And let's not forget the hole, which comes a short time after Kunark launch.

Kunark really builds the 40+ game into an awesomely diverse set of places to kill junk and get phat lewtz.
You just got me so excited for this. Do we really have to wait another TWO WEEKS?!?!
Closed Thread