Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 10:59 PM
Large Rat

Default Paladin Enchanter duo

So my wife and and I think we're going to give green a go. She is dead set on enchanter and I am uncertain about a class to go with it. I think our focus is going to be on getting groups maybe joining a guild but we would still like the option to duo on occasion.

Does this combo seem to work on p 99 for occasional duo xp? Alternately I'm thinking of doing druid or cleric but I believe I'll have more fun as a tank class I thought having a healing tank class would work well in and duo situation.

We haven't played for quite a long time. We messed around on p99 a few times back in the early days but ready to give it another shot and just looking for some feedback from recent p99 players.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2019, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

Enchanter + Cleric > all for farming, however starting out I might go Enchanter + Druid for the utility and ports.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Enchanter and Paladin will have hurdles as a duo. As a backbones for starting a group though? It's awesome. Pally is a great tank and Enchanters are great....well at basically everything single thing in the game but tanking. In the mid game and end game Enchanters are all about that Charm, so if you play any class at all that can heal it will help keep your wife from RIP when the Charm breaks and she takes damage.

I think you guys would find more success as an Enchanter/Druid duo. Druids are fairly shunned in the group department on P99 so if you had your wife bringing you along with an Enchanter it would work on multiple levels. You could also dual Charm many levels and the general utility of a Druid is fun. Enchanter/Pally will require you to pretty much always be seeking a third or fourth group member...Enchanter/Druid can tackle a lot by themselves.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 09-11-2019, 11:30 AM
Kobold

What is the plan for healing? Fight as long as you can and then mez them until you can heal/med up and get back in there?

It's great that the PAL gets initial low level heals at 9 and 15, but the 24 level gap until the next heal at 39 is going to hurt as you get into the 20s/30s.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

This duo is actually pretty badass. Will be rough for the first 30 levels or so but with things like clarity, greater healing, and a decent slow it will get more powerful especially as you gear up. A lot of synergy between the 2 classes it just might be rough for awhile with shitty tank gear compared to what we see now in velious on blue. Add a cleric to form a trio and you can do some serious work. A paladin with clarity can stun for days.

Enc/druid or enc/cleric are more powerful, but if you’re feeling a melee id give it a shot. Will be fun with ghoulbane in undead zones as well. I have a paladin stuck at 51 would love to find an enc to grind to 60 with.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

If your wife is really comfortable with a charmed pet, and/or you want the most powerful duo, roll a Cleric.

If your wife is semi-comfortable with a charmed pet or if you want the most versatile/casual friendly duo, roll a Druid.

If your wife isn't comfortable charming, or if you primarily intend to group with other players anyway, roll a Paladin.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:57 AM
Banned

Shaman. Enchanters love Malosi.

I much prefer duoing with a shaman over a cleric on my enchanter. Shaman is also a lot more fun to play than a cleric.

Paladin would be great too, but not until Kunark comes out and the paladin has started amassing gear.
Last edited by bomaroast; 09-11-2019 at 12:02 PM..
Old 09-11-2019, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

Paladin Enc Duo is great!. Also remember you can /duel your wife to keep their pet rooted incase it breaks charm.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

Just play whatever sounds fun.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:35 PM
Large Rat

Thanks, everyone, got some time to think it over still. My wife is a really good Enc, definitely comfortable with charming/cc/even pulling. The last progression server we tried I boxed an SK/Cleric and she played Enc. Was a great trio, but honestly, I like the idea of not boxing and I will probably choose between the druid or pally.
Closed Thread