Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Default Its like 7 Days till green.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-18-2019, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Not, with hope. It's just not ready. Even worse the tester population is about 90% black hats.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:36 PM
Kobold

And the timing is perfect because I cancelled my WoW sub.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not, with hope. It's just not ready. Even worse the tester population is about 90% black hats.
Isn't that par for the course in most any public beta? You always end up with a few folks legitimately trying to test and a bunch of people trying to search out 'sploits to use when the thing launches for real. Most of the worst problems have been identified, like folks leveling to 51, and similar issues. Minor tuning like quests here and there that are slightly out of era aren't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Taking a longer term view, if some folks choose to look at 10 years of success with "blue' as a mere beta for "green," then it's easy to look at Green 1.0 as a test-run for Green 2.0 a few years from now.

Danth
Old 10-18-2019, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To hell with anyone else and whatever they're doing. I'm gonna have a blast.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't that par for the course in most any public beta? You always end up with a few folks legitimately trying to test and a bunch of people trying to search out 'sploits to use when the thing launches for real. Most of the worst problems have been identified, like folks leveling to 51, and similar issues. Minor tuning like quests here and there that are slightly out of era aren't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Taking a longer term view, if some folks choose to look at 10 years of success with "blue' as a mere beta for "green," then it's easy to look at Green 1.0 as a test-run for Green 2.0 a few years from now.

Danth
I think in this case, it's particularly problematic because it's not truly a beta but a simulation. In a typical beta people don't even know "what to try to exploit" and often not even sure if what they found is truly an exploit or dev intention. I also don't think it's anywhere near 90% in a typical beta test. Most people wiling to have their characters deleted after beta are rarely motived entirely by greed.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To hell with anyone else and whatever they're doing. I'm gonna have a blast.
Damn skippy
Old 10-18-2019, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

WHAT ****ING CHARACTER DO I PLAY

I want a ranger guise more then anything ever.. but I also want to play a cleric lol
Old 10-18-2019, 06:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It'll be fine for launch. No we're not delaying.
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-18-2019, 06:55 PM
Aviak

It's like 7 days till Outer Worlds.
Closed Thread