Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Aviak

Default Magician Bolt Spells

I have not tried this on the lower level bolt spells but would assume it's the same between them. The delay from after the spell is finished casting and when the bolt actually hits the target seems to take longer then I can remember. I'm happy you guys got the graphic working, I can now see the little fireball going towards my target. I don't have any real proof to my claims, maybe some other mages can tune in? Then again, it could just be the years making me forget..
Old 03-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Aviak

Default Mage Spell Fire Bolt level 8

This spell is buggy. Sometimes when you cast it it works fine, sometimes you will cast it, it will take the mana from your mana to cast it and never hit. It doesnt send a resist message or anything just never does the 40+ dmg its supposed to. Iv tried to recreate it in different ways but cant get any consistent results. Just sometimes it doesnt hit as it should.
Last edited by Drieddead; 03-15-2011 at 08:45 AM..
Old 03-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

bolt line spells need LOS to land . that means no small hills , no edges , no corners , no trees in between you and the mob . if you watch you can even see the bold flying away from you . also it takes time to land on the mob equally to the distance the mob is away from you .
Old 03-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Aviak

i know it needs los and i keep los when casting it just sometimes it doesnt land sometimes.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Kobold

First, bolt spells on this server are more like homing missiles than the live version where a blade of grass would get in the way. Second, don't try to cast something else until the bolt actually hits the mob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
I <3 detriment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronjer View Post
10 years ago I split up as well with my ex gf over EQ. Didn't even realize her move out, as I was raiding at this time.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:55 AM
Developer

I tried casting a bolt spell on myself while in PoS and it never hit. The second attempt worked.

I've also experienced the same issue with the bolt never reaching its target. For example, firing it at a seafury in a wide open area (not uphill/downhill) sometimes results in the bolt never hitting a target.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:18 AM
Sarnak

remember that the bolt has a maximum range starting from where you casted it . also , the bolt has its own speed that is just a lil higher than normal mob walking speed . so if the mob you want to cast on is pathing away (cause you want to pull this mob with the bolt spell) , the mob might outrun the bolt cause its outside of the bolt max range .
Old 03-18-2011, 06:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinaltin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...the mob might outrun the bolt cause its outside of the bolt max range .
Is this true? Certainly not classic. I remember casting bolts in Kunark (where excessive range from target makes the target run around crazy) and either backing away from the target while bolt is in the air, or having the bolt chase the target a great distance and the mob going nuts and running off, consistent with Kunark aggro mechanics...

I recall the range limit being only the max range between caster and target at the moment the spell completes and fires; the projectile would then do whatever it did.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:40 AM
Sarnak

I'm pretty sure this refers to this bug:http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ighlight=bolts
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Old 07-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Fire Giant

Default Mage Bolts line of sight broken

My mage is only landing 20-30% of bolts, and you can see the bolt animate and go right to the seafury and it still doesn't land. Not sure if its because of the mob being a seafury or what, but its absolutely not working correctly.