Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

Default Fein Death Fails with no message

Playing in Oasis with a monk friend of mine tonight. We noticed that FD was failing 90pct of the time with no message. FD skill of 180 lvl 35.

The Mob would keep attacking even though FD appeared to work. Pretty sure you should get the message "soandso has fallen to the ground" right?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like the mob was probably casting on you, or you didn't turn off auto attack.

If the mob starts to cast before you FD and the mobs casting isn't interupted, any spell will break your FD, even if resisted.

If you FD with auto attack on, your FD will automatically break itself with no message. Some monks set up a macro that turns auto attack off before FDing, which has its pros and cons.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:37 AM
Fire Giant

I think it was the latter. Was that always the case on live? Thanks for the info!
Old 09-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

Yes when I was first learning with my monk, I didn't know about the turn off attack thing and died miserably several times!
Old 09-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

Yeah on p1999 if you have AA on FD will fail 100% with no message. On live I don't believe there was a message either however it was NOT 100% fail with it on.

Quote:
With autoattack still on, your feign is more likely to be unsuccessful. This may be paranoia on the part of many monks, but it has long become habit and convention that FD is successful more often with the Autoattack turned off before the attempt is made.
From Monkly-Business 2001.
Closed Thread