Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 02:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
colgate right people hate being underdogs
They wouldn't have a choice if holo closed their doors for awhile.

But, yeah, I see what you're saying colgate, tho i wonder if this is how you personally wanted to be playing this game? Obviously it must feel good to be on top, but is being a zerg overlord what you wanted?
Old 02-17-2015, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekrul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They wouldn't have a choice if holo closed their doors for awhile.

But, yeah, I see what you're saying colgate, tho i wonder if this is how you personally wanted to be playing this game? Obviously it must feel good to be on top, but is being a zerg overlord what you wanted?
winning + shitting on the competition

I think that IS the goal? if the competition is unable to stay competitive, nobody is to blame but them.

I don't see Pepsi begging Coca-Cola to stop expanding.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I say this with no trolling intentions though I know it will likely be met with that, I think huge 60 v 60 fights are a ton of fun and it's a real shame AZ in the name of "not zerging" is uninterested in growing to that size. I still think the DL fight which was 100+ people at it's peak was one of the best pvp moments the server ever had, and when you artificially cap your guild to the size required to kill the raid mob you're cheating yourselves and the box out of these fun fights.

You don't like to "zerg" we get it, but obviously other people do, so adapt and recruit or at the very least make some PvP alliances with other guilds [unlikely though given Lite's diplomacy] and get fighting. This zone hugging, boat camping, gank crew PvP is bleh and uninteresting, at least to me.

My 2 shekels.

that's something i've never understood about the current opposition.

everyone that was in a decent guild on live reminisces and is nostalgic about those massive all day fights between guilds

i dont really get people who dont enjoy them

every fight i've had in 30v30 or more has been far more fun than any other regardless of the winner

someone needs to usurp Lite and make a real guild
Old 02-17-2015, 05:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by heals4reals [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
winning + shitting on the competition

I think that IS the goal? if the competition is unable to stay competitive, nobody is to blame but them.

I don't see Pepsi begging Coca-Cola to stop expanding.
That's a very lazy and blatant false equivalency.

I could agree with the rest, it just comes down to what you think is fun, i disagree with the idea that mass recruiting everyone to win by huge numbers is fun. One could argue that winning by any means is all that matters, and I would pretty much agree, if this wasn't an ancient relic of a game where most people have already done everything and have played for years.

Do you understand every victory az gets is probably 1000x more satisfying than whatever the zerg swarmed on?
Old 02-17-2015, 05:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekrul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a very lazy and blatant false equivalency.

I could agree with the rest, it just comes down to what you think is fun, i disagree with the idea that mass recruiting everyone to win by huge numbers is fun. One could argue that winning by any means is all that matters, and I would pretty much agree, if this wasn't an ancient relic of a game where most people have already done everything and have played for years.

Do you understand every victory az gets is probably 1000x more satisfying than whatever the zerg swarmed on?
This isn't an academic setting, so excuse me for making a wide stroked comparison.

Agree - mmo is meant to be played any way the person wants

However - Azrael blames others for not playing the way THEY want, i.e. NOT recruiting NOT teaching NOT helping others progress

Azrael is forced to batphone spam multiple times a day for enough "real human bodies" to raid Sky or PvP in dreadlands.

When they decide to try and recruit, their guild is so unappealing nobody wants to join. Azrael is forced to give people access to already geared level 60s to fill the needed classes/warm bodies.

Being in a 20 man guild where I rarely have enough people to do something, or im forced to play someone elses character/2 box? Or being in an Everquest sized guild, where I can be casual and not be forced to log in all day every day to help everyone else progress? The only reason it semi-works is because they house so many (no flame intended) unemployeds or remote workers. A guild with majority outside lives cannot sustain that.
Last edited by heals4reals; 02-17-2015 at 05:12 PM..
Old 02-17-2015, 05:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by heals4reals [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't an academic setting, so excuse me for making a wide stroked comparison.

Agree - mmo is meant to be played any way the person wants

However - Azrael blames others for not playing the way THEY want, i.e. NOT recruiting NOT teaching NOT helping others progress

Azrael is forced to batphone spam multiple times a day for enough "real human bodies" to raid Sky or PvP in dreadlands.

When they decide to try and recruit, their guild is so unappealing nobody wants to join. Azrael is forced to give people access to already geared level 60s to fill the needed classes/warm bodies.

Being in a 20 man guild where I rarely have enough people to do something, or im forced to play someone elses character/2 box? Or being in an Everquest sized guild, where I can be casual and not be forced to log in all day every day to help everyone else progress? The only reason it semi-works is because they house so many (no flame intended) unemployeds or remote workers. A guild with majority outside lives cannot sustain that.
Yeah, I couldn't make a compelling argument against any of that, it all makes good sense. I just wish either az would die, or they would greatly expand, or holo closed its doors so someone else could potentially make strides, so we could possibly get a more competitive raid scene, which I acknowledge isn't what everyone would want.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:32 PM
Banned

Exed wants windstriker. Azrael is farming noble dojorn.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:54 PM
Banned

Holocaust welcomes any Suave refugees that were lied to by the leadership and are now homeless
Old 02-17-2015, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stfu hb

ya we zerg so we can play with complete randoms

stfu already stop posting clown
you sound mad
Old 02-17-2015, 09:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holocaust welcomes any Suave refugees that were lied to by the leadership and are now homeless
This is your strat for getting Suave members? You retard you do realize how tight knit we are? It wasn't even my decision to join az it was the guilds. Good luck picking up any core suave bc we stick together fggt.
Closed Thread