Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 06:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naw, i refuse to believe Velious is it.
Don't worry bro, warrens is even greater than velious!
Old 09-01-2015, 06:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With the next patch, all epics will have a level 46 requirement.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-01-2015, 07:23 AM
Sarnak

When will we see the next patch I wonder?
Old 09-01-2015, 07:24 AM
Large Rat

Great Change,

Like some suggested. Would be even better if you can't MQ certain pieces of the epic quest.

Side effect is that people need to do the quest how it is intended.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:57 AM
Kobold

A half measure. It doesn't do much unless epic MQ is stopped as well - then that covers the money /farming aspect, and it also deters guilds from farming contested mobs for alt epic gearing.
With that covered off, the only people needing epics, will actually be people needing and using the epic.

Seems logical...
Old 09-01-2015, 08:02 AM
Sarnak

When the blue99 beta is finally over recycle99 will be awesome!
Old 09-01-2015, 08:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevilshute [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-01-2015, 09:47 AM
Sarnak

After seeing the cost of some of the items for my Epic quest (for an MQ), I'd be totally fine if they removed MQ as an option for all pieces of the epic chain. While it's require I had a group to help me kill the mobs I need for the drops, at least there would be a chance, even if small, that the mob is up when I need it as opposed to always being killed so people can just MQ the item.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think current code renders it as if you didnt have anything equipped, if you dont meet level requirement. I am sure it will be looked at again to make sure it behaves correctly.

H
It was a classic feature to be able to hit 46, gear up with planar and epic, and delevel (for PvP-sake); the gear was usable. The level requirements were for NPC's to talk to you, I thought... (even to delete character make a new level 1 with same name and loot corpse full of no drop planar and epics+). So, I think that the "current code renders it as if you didnt have anything equipped, if you dont meet level requirement," would not be the correct solution.

Also, what about the subquest rewards, such as Black Fur Boots for shamans? How will these be effected?
Last edited by heals4reals; 09-01-2015 at 10:05 AM..
Old 09-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always thought of the spirit of epics to be for post 50 characters regardless of game set mechanics.

I don't know what all the rules really were, I remember there being a level requirement to talk to Telin Darkforest which pushed me to level my druid more. Even though I just wanted to talk to him it pushed me to level. Thats classic to me.

Always bugged me that this was possible on emulator servers. Didnt seem classic to me. Level 1 with epic? camaaan

Good change guys. Thanks.
For the rogue epic, level 4 is the lowest you could be after deleveling a few levels when you dinged 7 for the hand-in. Level 1 rogue with epic is hax.
Closed Thread