Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 10:17 AM
Kobold

Default Targeting

I can't remember, does EQ have tab-targeting that selects the targets directly in front of you? I am in beta and not seeing it by default just don't know if there was a setting for it or if it just wasn't there.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:22 AM
Fire Giant

Target Nearest NPC is all we'll have starting out, which you can assign to Tab, but there isn't cycling through nearby NPCs like we can do on blue.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't remember, does EQ have tab-targeting that selects the targets directly in front of you? I am in beta and not seeing it by default just don't know if there was a setting for it or if it just wasn't there.
There's no setting for it as it was intentionally blocked. It is not compatible with this era of the game.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no setting for it as it was intentionally blocked. It is not compatible with this era of the game.
Incorrect. Target nearest still works it’s cycle through npcs that doesnt work.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:51 AM
Kobold

Ah, very good the exact info I needed.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

You can tab target the closest npc (no cycling). As a chanter I will usually move around the camp a bit to target various mobs using tab (the alternative is clicking with the mouse --- or pretargeting before a big pull). I really don't like relying on left clicking the mouse to get a target, you can get pretty good at it...but it almost always seems to screw me if I rely on it too much).

You can swap between your current target and previous target (i forget what this is set to as default on key map).

You can f-target yourself and group mates (f1 = you, f2 = first player in grp list).

You can target your current target's target (/assist). This is probably the most important macro to setup after your typical /assist key. I use it a ton, especially in the restricted UI of vanilla. (so I use two assist keys...one is the typical /assist bobo (if your tank is named bobo)...and the other is just /assist. On a typical incoming I assist the tank to see what he is hitting then hit the second assist key (just /assist) to see what the mob the tank is targetting is targetting (which will hopefully be the tank --- and its really important to know if it isn't). I use this setup mostly on my healer.
Last edited by fastboy21; 10-20-2019 at 12:09 PM..
Old 10-20-2019, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

You can also use the item in the center of your screen, or target the NPC or corpse in the center of your screen, by pressing U.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:42 AM
Kobold

When does Cycle Npc get added? I tried but failed to find it in future patch messages
Old 12-18-2019, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Was added in the April 14, 2004 Patch
Quote:
You can now set hot keys to cycle through targets!
Will never see this on Green/Teal. One of those things Blue shouldnt have either