Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I gave the man a lot of crap over the years, but never the less he still the one who started it all. He gave me some of the most frustrating and yet most uniquely rewarding time ever spent playing a game.
He had my criticism, but also my gratitude.

Rest in Peace.
Yea kinda amazing how it hits home even unexpectedly... Time lost... Throw out a sincere ty and much props to all of eqemu devs and admin even before the split and to the p99 devs (some are same) bless Brad's family and all of the people who showed me his vision... Ty for the constant respect for the love of the game ...
Old 11-21-2019, 11:51 PM
Sarnak

I will dedicate my first PvP kill on the new server to Brad, may he rest in peace.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:43 AM
Fire Giant

RIP Brad
Old 11-22-2019, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

I need "Everquest" the Netflix series that will run for just one season, maybe 8-10 episodes and the first episode will show Brad as a young kid sitting by a pond and he's just staring at these frogs and staring at the frogs and then the last episode where everyone is just sitting around on launch day looking at the servers fill up.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:49 AM
Banned

https://twitter.com/BazgrimTV/status...06530746273792

Be the

Pantheon team stream to honor the late Aradune

Tldr
https://t.co/KRTxfUgdW2?amp=1 7pm EST
Old 11-22-2019, 02:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

It was stunning to read that he had passed away. I felt a deep sense of loss. The guy helped create the MMO industry in its infancy and twenty years later was gone. Such a short time. What is wonderful is that his creation lives on through the players that keep coming to play the game. P1999 really represents that vision.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
F.

Guy was a legend and he will never be forgotten! I truly hope the Pantheon team can keep on going despite the heartbreaking loss.
They are probably receiving more support than they can process at this point. One positive you can take out of this horrible negative is it will have people focused more than ever.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Games and stories have a strange and mystical way of touching the child's spirit in us. They have a wonderful way of making the world a little bit better. God bless the game makers and storytellers.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:22 PM
Orc

Default Brad Memorial

twitch.tv/bazgrimtv 4pm pst
Last edited by thestallion1; 11-22-2019 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: time zone
Old 11-22-2019, 09:03 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Even though its not classic. I agree with a previously suggested idea that some kinda in game tribute should be put in that players can visit. Brad McQuaid's idea afterall has had a profound affect on all of us that we are here playing in a recreation of such an old game with such fanatic dedication. Where better than here on p1999 for such an offering?
Closed Thread