Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Default Retirement...

It's been a fun 5 years on the forums. When I first came here I never expected to be posting 1000s of times or even playing the server for very long. It was just to fill some broke evenings when I started my uni degree and had run out of money...and being an old EQ nerd from the past and seeing "Project 1999" in someone's Allakhazam signature I had to "give it a try".

Since losing my net connection in September I feel like my ability to put out quality posts has declined dramatically - I post less gifs because that kind of thing eats phone data like Gorenaire eats passing players.

Also it's probably noticeable but the forums are becoming a less fun place to be for a bunch of reasons and that's not why I F5'd here so often. So to that end, I'm just going to hang my hat up and pass the torch on to others in the community to do things like help new players, provide entertainment, offer class advice and other nik naks.

For anyone who can't resist "the last word", you can totally have it below if you like. If I ever truly offended anyone on here you took my posts too seriously, and if you ever came here more often because of some fun gifs or something else I posted then I'm proud to say I helped the community in that sense. Argh does better ones, anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I hope you all have an enjoyable 2016. I'm not retiring from the game. If you know me outside of the forums (or the game!) you'll know where to find me.

Stay blessed,

Swish <3

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-25-2015, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Thank fucking God.

for this gif
Old 12-25-2015, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

all i'm getting out of this is you went over your data cap and have a massive bill, and it's definitely BDA's fault
Old 12-25-2015, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

could BDA offer like a hotspot so they can keep their forum rival kicking?
Old 12-25-2015, 06:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So to that end, I'm just going to hang my hat up and pass the torch on to others in the community to do things like help new players, provide entertainment, offer class advice and other nik naks.
For what it's worth, your notable posts while I've been active here have generally been snarky and bitter, rarely helpful. You made it very clear about how blue wasn't an enjoyable place to be and did your best to convince everyone else of the same, derailing threads to promote that and other hobby horses of yours.

This isn't a flame, I genuinely thought you were just another forum troll, so if you were really out there to help and be funny you lost that long before I started reading your posts.

In other words: yeah, best to retire. Hopefully, whatever and wherever your next incarnation is, you retire long before you get too bitter about it to enjoy it.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 12-25-2015, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

we'll see
Old 12-25-2015, 06:35 PM
Orc

Later, Swish ✌️
Old 12-25-2015, 06:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For what it's worth, your notable posts while I've been active here have generally been snarky and bitter, rarely helpful. You made it very clear about how blue wasn't an enjoyable place to be and did your best to convince everyone else of the same, derailing threads to promote that and other hobby horses of yours.

This isn't a flame, I genuinely thought you were just another forum troll, so if you were really out there to help and be funny you lost that long before I started reading your posts.

In other words: yeah, best to retire. Hopefully, whatever and wherever your next incarnation is, you retire long before you get too bitter about it to enjoy it.
What this guy said. If what you offered to the community was what you claim to have offered, you'd probably have a much larger following of people who liked you.

Take care at where ever life takes you, though.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

toss me mod of p1999 uncut.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 12-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

I'll miss your posts swish. I hope you do come back!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Until then best wishes, happy holidays and good luck with 2016! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your time on p99 is cast and I believe you did more good then harm. In fact I don't think you did any real harm from what I saw. I'd see you posting advice to new players, helping people out in tech troubles and various other positive contributions that other members failed to step up to fulfill.
There is a lot of people who will try to tear you down and that is a shame. Try to clear your head and sift through the dribble.
Peace out dude.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 12-25-2015 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: Don't mistake kindness for weakness.
Closed Thread