Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 02:59 AM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-23-2019, 05:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samadhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah the classes are 100% the same as vanilla EQ. The races 3 of them are EXACTLY the same jsut different colors. Their halflings are NOT halflings. Their gnomes are NOT gnomes. Their ogres look more like simple brutes. And why so few races?
Saying classes are 100% the same is just false. Most, if not all, have definitive passive abilities akin to but not as overpowered as the FSI racial. That's the first obvious difference.

Monks essentially have a mana pool, and a complex one at that. They have abilities that stun and generate hate, without relying on FD to lower it, meaning they might be passable tanks in the way hybrids currently are here. Mend exists but spread across three abililities and often based on damage dealt or taken.

Paladins have multiple hymns, making them more Bardic in playstyle. They are adept against undead, which isn't the case in EQ unless you have one of the raid-level proc weapons and even then it's still a stretch. Resurrection costs HP, if not MP as well. You still get a version of Divine Aura. Sweeping frontal cone attack with 2hs. Leave a ghost of yourself behind to preoccupy an enemy, send a ghost of yourself to aggro. Pull a target within or push out of melee range. A small single-target heal, trio bounce heal, group heal, and a damage dealt conversion heal. No mention of Lay Hands.

Wizards have spellweave and abilities that are the rough equivalent of a blink dagger in DotA2. They can slow a target's cast time. Wizards can also summon an area effect and guide its path. And they get a protective rune-like barriee ability that locks them in place but can be broken with another ability to damage and lock surrounding targets in place.

Warriors also receive several abilities that are more group-centric, in the form of banners and formations. Their charging abilities are described as a slower version of the Wizard's blink, one while in combat and another, to initiate, from out of combat that also stuns. Others are more situational, but give the class hybrid-like ways in which to snap aggro. They also have abilities with shields beyond swapping in to bash or to ramp tank, including an ability that requires another Warrior to be present.

Dire Lords won't be holding shields, wearing platemail, summoning pets or casting other spells from Necromancer books. There's no mention of them having Feign Death and very little of their design resembles the Shadow Knight's.

Enchanters have more nuanced abilities with a chance to perma-charm a target, spell casting haste, silence, and a spell that deals damage to mezzed targets without breaking mez. Enchanters can mass minor illusion party members at once, potentially allowing them to go unnoticed by a passing train in zone. Enchanters also have a time-sensitive dual abilities designed for finishing off a target, making them more useful on raids when nothing can be charmed.

There are more differences, but the game has been and will continue to be in production for a while; nothing's stopping people from going over to the main site except disinterest or cynicism which, in either case, is irrelevant. But to that end, if you're making uninformed arguments about unfinished products, it's not much different from reddit users ranting about how GRRM / Rothfuss still haven't completed their latest books.

And to those who keep saying vaporware...
https://youtu.be/WDrgwZsGC9A
Old 10-23-2019, 07:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
disinterest or cynicism which, in either case, is irrelevant.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:44 AM
Banned

Imagine considering vapor ware default stock unity models MMO to fine art

LOL
Old 10-23-2019, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right? If my target market segment was exhibiting widespread cynicism or disinterest, perhaps that wouldn't be so irrelevant if I was actually trying to appeal to something other than a niche market. Because niche doesn't pay the bills for large shops.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Found the big donater boys

Hope it pays off!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:08 AM
Banned

Go play wow clones

Ill take the EQ clone
Old 10-23-2019, 11:21 AM
Banned

me coNteNt wiT dA oRiginaL masTAPc

😘👌
Old 10-23-2019, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine trying to argue against Ennewi, heh. He clearly knows. I occasionally frequent their forums, but hadn't picked up on a bunch of that stuff. Sounds like some PA tester knowledge.

Aside from that...

Another post hating on a small indie dev company. How embarrassing for the OP. This horse has been beat to death already.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 10-23-2019, 05:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine trying to argue against Ennewi, heh. He clearly knows. I occasionally frequent their forums, but hadn't picked up on a bunch of that stuff. Sounds like some PA tester knowledge.

Aside from that...

Another post hating on a small indie dev company. How embarrassing for the OP. This horse has been beat to death already.
Embarassing? Plenty of people agree with me. Secondly ad hominem does not really prove anything. In the end as I said this game is going to be subpar. I do not know or care who Ennewi is.

I said the classes have the same names. If for instance the paladin is going to be more bardlike, then why not call it a completely different name? Is Brad out of name ideas?

Anyhow Ennewi is just butthurt he invested probably $10000 on a game that is going to be a joke. I never said Pantheon will never be released. It probably will be, Vanguard Saga of Heroes style, but with subpar graphics and animations. It will be half done with half an empty world when your explore. I remember that experience vividly when I found those empty plains I cancelled my account.
Last edited by Samadhi; 10-23-2019 at 05:08 PM..
Closed Thread