Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 10-14-2023, 06:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fox out of curiosity why did you take 2 Enchanters to 60? lol

No Monk?
If you enjoy a class enough to level it 1-60, you may well look back fondly on the experience (or feel you missed some opportunities) which can make repeating the journey a compelling experience.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Sarnak

Shakerpage came out during luclin, all you needed was the Rampage AA, Earthshaker, and a shaman to slow you.

Never really got to be worth the hassle untill pofire.
Old 10-21-2023, 11:49 AM
Aviak

Talking

I never did have an earthshaker but I remember pulling for AoE groups at the zone in of The Deep during Luclin and it being pretty decent exp flow. It might have just been relative to the lack of exp I was used to but I loved joining those groups lol

PoFire on the otherside of the wall was the shit
Briqii Blunts 29 Half Elf Druid
Briq 16 Half Elf Rogue
Old 10-22-2023, 10:13 AM
Sarnak

How did enchanter charm strategy change from velious to luclin, then pop? Were there higher resists or more mez / stun immune mobs to complicate things? Or were they able to still solo plenty of nameds and explore dungeons at will?

Also, when it was referenced that shamans are no longer strong soloers (I presume end game farming type soloing - obviously any caster class can exp solo / farm random stuff). Is it just the mob hp levels and lack of torpor upgrade that make them not as effective? Did slow mechanics stay the same?
Old 10-23-2023, 12:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do Rogues fare in Luclin/PoP? Any interesting AAs or especially strong itemization? Still the champs of sustained DPS despite Ranger and Wiz buffs?
Rogues explode in dps during PoP, but as far as Luclin goes they finally get a piercer higher than 15 dmg with:

Bloodbath Piercing — 28805
MAGIC LORE NO TRADE
Slot: Primary, Secondary
DMG: 16 Delay: 21 Ratio: 0.76
HP: 100 + 2/tick MANA: 0 END: 75 ATK: 25
STA: 5 STR: 15 DEX: 10
SV MAGIC: 20
Skill Mod Backstab: 12% (Max: 34)
Worn Effect: Blood Bath
2: Increase AC by 1 to 1, Based on Class
Slot 1, type 4: empty
Required level of 60.
Class: ROG
Tools: Find upgrades Add to wish list
Raid: High Priest of Ssraeshza in Ssraeshza Temple - Correct drop info, Alla, Magelo

Their dps AA's and proc rate increases really help them moving forward.
Old 10-23-2023, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagglepuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How did enchanter charm strategy change from velious to luclin, then pop? Were there higher resists or more mez / stun immune mobs to complicate things? Or were they able to still solo plenty of nameds and explore dungeons at will?

Also, when it was referenced that shamans are no longer strong soloers (I presume end game farming type soloing - obviously any caster class can exp solo / farm random stuff). Is it just the mob hp levels and lack of torpor upgrade that make them not as effective? Did slow mechanics stay the same?
Charm got nerfed sometime after Gates of Discord. Enchanters did get dire charm aa which had niche uses. You saw fewer enchanters charming during these expansions on Live because we were all noobs.

For shamans - slow mechanics didn’t change until far later. Mobs many expansions later mitigated slow but not in Luclin or PoP that I’m aware of. They did become less effective in Luclin and PoP. For Luclin, mob hp went up sharply. In PoP mob damage output went up massively to boot. I forget exactly what the hit values were but I want to say xp trash in middle tier zones like Bastion of Thunder was like 400-500 for the non-named … and they could quad. Im PoP you really fell into the rhythm of needing an ACTUAL tank to do the tanking and generally needing or at least wanting a cleric to toss complete heal.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-23-2023, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

I remember kite groups being super popular in PoV cos it was really hard to build enough mitigation / ho on a dedicated tank that wasn’t raid equipped, let alone something like a ranger or beastlord.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 10-24-2023, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember kite groups being super popular in PoV cos it was really hard to build enough mitigation / ho on a dedicated tank that wasn’t raid equipped, let alone something like a ranger or beastlord.
I remember those as well. Even tier 1 zones like plane of nightmare were rough for “casual” tanks to handle at level 60 with plenty of aa’s in group gear. Hobgoblin tunnels were extra spicy with those coming in quadding for mid to high 300s. Unless your tank was really stout, clerics had to start cheal at like 80% until a slow was in.

But yeah, shamans weren’t gods of solo because no way torpor would keep up.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 10-24-2023 at 04:10 PM..
Old 10-25-2023, 08:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm got nerfed sometime after Gates of Discord. Enchanters did get dire charm aa which had niche uses. You saw fewer enchanters charming during these expansions on Live because we were all noobs.

For shamans - slow mechanics didn’t change until far later. Mobs many expansions later mitigated slow but not in Luclin or PoP that I’m aware of. They did become less effective in Luclin and PoP. For Luclin, mob hp went up sharply. In PoP mob damage output went up massively to boot. I forget exactly what the hit values were but I want to say xp trash in middle tier zones like Bastion of Thunder was like 400-500 for the non-named … and they could quad. Im PoP you really fell into the rhythm of needing an ACTUAL tank to do the tanking and generally needing or at least wanting a cleric to toss complete heal.
Not sure about Luclin but slow mitigation was definitely in PoP. The mini-bosses in BoT all had "partial slow" only on them. I used to play bard + sham at the time and would take on most of that content no problem. Granted I was raid geared with a zillion AA's, but quiescence and whatever the big heal was called kept me alive and well.

good times.

Astuce
Old 10-26-2023, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Rogue poisons in PoP are improved and dynamically change the value of the class from only DPS to a useful team player