Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-20-2024, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing here changes the fact that FD can fail without a message. Nothing here changes the fact that knowing about other methods to check if has FD failed are a positive thing to know about the game. I can determine if FD has failed 100% of the time without ever looking at the "fallen to the ground" message.

I am sorry you are at the point where you have insult me because you know you cannot win the debate via facts and logic. Thank you for admitting defeat. Come back when you can actually provide something other than insults.
FD doesn't fail without a message. You fail without a message.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FD doesn't fail without a message.
Factually incorrect. You will not get a "fallen to the ground" message in at least two FD fail cases:

1. If a mob hits you with an offensive spell, aoe or otherwise.

2. You attacked the mob right before you FD'ed, via something like having auto attack on.

There may be more scenarios too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You fail without a message.
Thank you for continuing to concede via trolling.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Factually incorrect. You will not get a "fallen to the ground" message in at least two FD fail cases:

1. If a mob hits you with an offensive spell, aoe or otherwise.

2. You attacked the mob right before you FD'ed, via something like having auto attack on.

There may be more scenarios too.

Thank you for continuing to concede via trolling.
You're denser than diamond.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You're denser than diamond.
You seem to think that a mob attacking you while you are on the ground is a successful FD. You might want to quit trolling while you are behind. It doesn't make you look good, and doesn't hurt me.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Don't need a cancelattack macro for using feign death. I've never used one. Easy enough to turn attack off.

Feign death fails on its own with the "fallen to the ground" message. It will also fail due to external factors--with no message--via a few other means. Trying to feign with autoattack running breaks it. Spells landing on an otherwise successfully-feigned player will break the effect. It can also break from incoming melee if a swing lands at just the right time as the player tries to feign. This latter case tends to be uncommon on P1999, but it does happen once in awhile and is often a cause for confusion due to its relative rarity in practice.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't need a cancelattack macro for using feign death. I've never used one. Easy enough to turn attack off.

Feign death fails on its own with the "fallen to the ground" message. It will also fail due to external factors--with no message--via a few other means. Trying to feign with autoattack running breaks it. Spells landing on an otherwise successfully-feigned player will break the effect. It can also break from incoming melee if a swing lands at just the right time as the player tries to feign. This latter case tends to be uncommon on P1999, but it does happen once in awhile and is often a cause for confusion due to its relative rarity in practice.
Exactly. This is correct.

I manually turn off autoattack on my SK as well. For my Monk I have a macro since it is instant cast.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-20-2024 at 03:59 PM..
Old 02-20-2024, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You seem to think that a mob attacking you while you are on the ground is a successful FD. You might want to quit trolling while you are behind. It doesn't make you look good, and doesn't hurt me.
You failing to turn off autoattack isn't a FD fail.

You failing to notice a mob casting on you doesn't make FD fail.

When FD actually fails, you get a message every time.

I can't spell this out any more for you.

I've played with a lot of very good monks, some of the best the server has ever seen. I have never, ever heard any of them refer to "FD fail" for anything other than the skill itself failing and thus triggering the message. If they screwed up a flop it wasn't a FD fail, it was an "oh shit I fucked up."
Last edited by Toxigen; 02-20-2024 at 04:02 PM..
Old 02-20-2024, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You failing to turn off autoattack isn't a FD fail.

You failing to notice a mob casting on you doesn't make FD fail.

When FD actually fails, you get a message every time.

I can't spell this out any more for you.
What you are saying here is a mob attacking you while you are on the ground is a succrssful FD. Nonsense obviously.

Necromancers and SK's have a cast time on their FD. The mob can start casting a spell right as your FD finished. They don't have instant FD like a Monk. AoE spells can hit you too if someone else gets agro.

Even with autoattack off, a poorly timed riposted will do the same thing and cause your FD to fail, as Danth said.

Also, you don't seem to understand multiple FD's as a strategy. SK's get multiple FD's and a clickie FD. You can FD while a spell is being cast to prevent a few combat rounds worth of damage, and then FD again when no spells are being cast. This also opens up the possibility of caster mobs casting a buff spell since they are deagroed, which means they can't cast an offensive spell when you stand up. This is nice when you have multiple casters pulled.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-20-2024 at 04:20 PM..
Old 02-20-2024, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What you are saying here is a mob attacking you while you are on the ground is a succrssful FD. Nonsense obviously.

Necromancers and SK's have a cast time on their FD. The mob can start casting a spell right as your FD finished. They don't have instant FD like a Monk.

Also, you don't seem to understand multiple FD's as a strategy. SK's get multiple FD's and a clickie FD. You can FD while a spell is being cast to prevent a few combat rounds worth of damage, and then FD again when no spells are being cast. This also opens up the possibility of caster mobs casting a buff spell since they are deagroes, which means they can't cast an offensive spell when you stand up.
I understand everything you do and more about this game, bubski.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I understand everything you do and more about this game, bubski.
Clearly not, since you believe a successful FD is a scenario where you are being attacked by the mob. You are just making youself look bad.