Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 07:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Sorry, but Toxxulia Forrest was not this foggy in 1999

Just as the Title says. I started in March 1999 as a Eurdite. Leveled there for weeks. There was not this much fog back then. When you approached the bridge, you could see the whole thing and across it to the other side. The setting for Green and Teal is ridiculous. Is there a way to scale it back?

Rungupp use to also charge the bridge and send out a zone wide message to the city of Erudin he was coming, sort of like Fippy Darkpaw, but on a longer timer. Now he just wonders up and down the edge of the water on the SW edge, silent.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:53 PM
Sarnak

I’ve wondered this too. Feerott and Nektoulis (sp?) both seem to have their clip plane set at the lowest possible level, despite my own being set at max. When it rains I can see maybe an arms length in front of me. I’ll say this is definitely one of those quality of life upgrades I miss from playing on the EQ live servers.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:17 AM
Kobold

As far as I know, the clip planes are not classic due to how they implemented the vision restrictions.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:24 AM
Planar Protector

While vision might not be perfect, can we say it's moved towards what classic was rather than pitching blue server vision as the closer marker?
Old 01-07-2020, 04:49 AM
Planar Protector

This site has a lot of classic shots of Nek Forest. I don't think it's too far off on Green presently?

https://uenaelar.forumauberge.com/htm/us/chap001.htm

Also not a bad read either.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:37 AM
Planar Protector

I dunno. i remember it being pretty god damn dark on my erudite enchanter way back in 99'. Also that troll didn't charge the town as far as i recall. he did a zone wide shout either when he spawned or died. i forget which.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve wondered this too. Feerott and Nektoulis (sp?) both seem to have their clip plane set at the lowest possible level, despite my own being set at max. When it rains I can see maybe an arms length in front of me. I’ll say this is definitely one of those quality of life upgrades I miss from playing on the EQ live servers.
It's "bad classic implementation because we couldn't do anything better" to the point of absurdity.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno. i remember it being pretty god damn dark on my erudite enchanter way back in 99'. Also that troll didn't charge the town as far as i recall. he did a zone wide shout either when he spawned or died. i forget which.
Yes, without a light source, my Eurdite was blind as a bat. I kept spare Fire Beetle eyes in the bank for corpse runs, but was only needed if at night. This is different, I am talking about fog. It is too thick. Nothing like Classic in 1999. Also the clip plane is to short. As I said, you could see the whole bridge in the zone and across it in 1999. You could also stand on top of the spans and get some good screen shots of the zone during the day.

Rungupp did charge the bridge, once he spawned and started moving that way, he sent out a zone wide message. You knew when you saw the zone wide message to head to the bridge if you wanted to catch him for a fight.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Was thinking the same thing while playing in Nek today as well, the clip plane is too low
Old 01-07-2020, 07:43 PM
Large Rat

Played as an Erudite during launch of Everquest. Yeah... it was that bad.
Closed Thread