Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be in favor of custom content as long as it is relatively close to classic. Respawning the Warders would totally be in the spirit of this ideal, it creates custom content without crushing the spirit of "classic content".

I also agree that Blue is as far from classic as you could possibly get, 10+ years of kunark and velious is not classic in itself and rooted dragons was the icing on the cake.

Let's not forget the day the sleeper was awoken, Reep and Forsaken killed Vulak fair and square, right in front of Rampage and Hokushin, immediately after the Gharns dropped and Reep became the server first Gharns, Hoku and Rampage ran into Sleeper with beads of tears and woke the sleeper. Obviously out of a childish spite to the server, its community and its creators.

Putting the sleeper back to sleep will reset the reputation Rampage left after they woke the sleeper and walked away from the server.

Let's not forget when Rampage first left the server back in 2012 there core went to EQmac, they grinded fast and hard and woke the sleeper after it has been resting for 10 years. They quit that server came back to P99 and inevitably woke the sleeper.

Never forget the tears of Hokushin, never forget the sleeper was awoken by jealousy and rage and inspite of the server
lol
Old 02-05-2020, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Never forget the tears of everyone trying to rationalize bringing them back. Sorry you don't have warder loot.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

Sry it took you till P99 to get Warder loot rip.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoink1986 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sry it took you till P99 to get Warder loot rip.
Sorry riot is #2
Old 02-05-2020, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

Better to be number 2 than be number 1 and waste time killing sontalak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-05-2020, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be in favor of custom content as long as it is relatively close to classic. Respawning the Warders would totally be in the spirit of this ideal, it creates custom content without crushing the spirit of "classic content".

I also agree that Blue is as far from classic as you could possibly get, 10+ years of kunark and velious is not classic in itself and rooted dragons was the icing on the cake.

Let's not forget the day the sleeper was awoken, Reep and Forsaken killed Vulak fair and square, right in front of Rampage and Hokushin, immediately after the Gharns dropped and Reep became the server first Gharns, Hoku and Rampage ran into Sleeper with beads of tears and woke the sleeper. Obviously out of a childish spite to the server, its community and its creators.

Putting the sleeper back to sleep will reset the reputation Rampage left after they woke the sleeper and walked away from the server.

Let's not forget when Rampage first left the server back in 2012 there core went to EQmac, they grinded fast and hard and woke the sleeper after it has been resting for 10 years. They quit that server came back to P99 and inevitably woke the sleeper.

Never forget the tears of Hokushin, never forget the sleeper was awoken by jealousy and rage and inspite of the server
All this “never forget” ranting... Waking the sleeper was like your 9/11.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:30 PM
Aviak

Thank you to the thoughtful ones. I appreciate the intelligent dialogue. I have little to say for the trolls, who dominate post count with inanities but offer nothing of value to the conversation. It is a sad and pathetic reality to be investing your time and energy trolling a thoughtful post on a 20 year old emulated game we all love and play for whatever reasons...

It's sad in the most extreme ways.

And the point is breathing life back into this place we love and the game we choose. Doing so in ways that honor the intention and spirit of the project. It seems simple, elegant and timely to me. There has been no better/more appropriate time for this conversation then right now.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Without waking we wouldn't get essence lens soon (tm) you are welcome in advance.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:

I play EQ for people and dynamics; for the strategy and push and pull of our community. The loot, advancement and achievement is the substance through which we live out these dynamics, but it is the dynamics that really make this game. We all invest alot of our lives in this. As such, Bbeta's response makes sense. The very real way that went down has lasting implications and reverberations on the people of this server.

It is worth noting that the Sleeper was awakened under these conditions and that it was a massive effectual impact on those who had invested in this server, this space and this reality. Perhaps you are not as invested, perhaps the inter-personal, emotional and strategic minutea do not impact you. I do not think it is an exaggeration to say that most of us who are still here are profoundly effected by these qualities in some way or another. Like it or not, this is a significant aspect of our social world. To diminish the impact of that reality does not seem particularly wise or thoughtful to me.

Of course I am open to differing opinions on this. Just uninspired by thoughtless brevity in responses to people's thoughtful input...
Old 02-05-2020, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Had Trampage not wiped to CT instead of going for Vulak, Hoku woulda looted the Gharns.