Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 10:30 AM
Fire Giant

Default PoM Puppets Duo

I am a total PoM newb and about to hit 60 on my Monk. Have a friend that is about to get 60 on his Sham and we were talking about some places to duo and Puppets sounded fun since neither of us have ever tried them and have a chance at some Thrones.

Can Puppets in PoM be duo with Monk and Torp Shaman? If I understand correctly you kill Geb as soon as he spawns then have 72 minutes to kill all the puppets? Since they are perma rooted I would imagine the strategy is to Malo and Slow first then engage? Watching the Tecmos video of enchanter/cleric looks like they have a ton of hit points. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-23-2020, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

30k hit point, pre slow for sure, and they summon, so there's no stopping once started. Unsure you can tank bristlebane puppet, and I am not sure you can kill all puppets in the timeframe but if your gear is ok you should have no issue killing some of them. Duo torp/sk was quite easy but due to dps, more like only half of the puppets before the respawn, probably 1 or two more now with the 2hander buff...
Old 04-23-2020, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but if your gear is ok you should have no issue killing some of them
This. I've never done puppets myself, but I've seen lots of Shaman + Monk (or whatever) duos doing it.

Also, everything in PoM (or at least everything that drops thrones) has a gazillion hit points. Definitely reslow, or at least keep a slow timer going, until you are sure you can kill a mob in a single slow. It's not fun to have slow run out on a PoM mob unexpectedly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

you don't need to kill them all. every puppet has the ability to drop a throne or crown ,etc so even if you only kill 3 or 5 or 10 it can pay off. also since the sham isnt a chanter and your agro sucks more than likely you will want to let the sham know when you dps the puppets down a few % he will get summoned due to the agro produced from the pre slow. but again he can back out due to puppets being slowed. just something to keep in mind.
Old 04-23-2020, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

I recommend to have the shaman tanking the puppets most of the time, do Torpor on himself at all time and mostly do no damage. Monk use his discipline and Mend when they are up then flop on the shaman. I think even a mediocre shaman with Aegolism and selfbuff can tank. And I dont think a mediocre shaman can tank Bristlebane so id leave that one up on most cycle.

Usual strategy, Malo,Slow and get in melee range. The shaman cant and never want to be summoned once the mob reach 97%. He will likely die to other puppets. So get in melee range and stick to it. You need at least one reslow with a monk, so at 50% you reslow.
Fuggernaught Druid 60
Aylar Lie Rogue 60
Extravadance Bard 60
Winajil Shaman 60
Raylei Mule
<Riot>
Last edited by Liia; 04-23-2020 at 12:15 PM..
Old 04-23-2020, 12:41 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you all for the information and advice! Looking forward to giving this a shot and killing a few. Are these perma camped given the potential for high value drops or not as much because it takes a duo?

Thanks again!
Old 04-23-2020, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are these perma camped given the potential for high value drops or not as much because it takes a duo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not as much because it takes a duo
It's A4 (a soloable source of Thrones) that is ... I wouldn't say perma-camped ... but certainly very popular. Puppets I see being done maybe 10% of the time, if that?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-23-2020, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

I cannot stress enough - make sure melee gets aggro before the engage. I wouldn't even gun it and hope that the monk gets aggro by 97%, because monk dps at 60 is high and proc-rates are unreliable. Clickies help this, or ditch the monk and group an SK or Pally with snap aggro =P SK/Monk/Sham has gone swimmingly in the past with zero issues. Just keep CC on Chuckles (Sham).

DPS isn't as high with SK/Sham, but sustainability is key. You may/will get the amazing re-pop double puppet fiasco, which (imo) is a boon. My 60 SK with Epic/Greenmist duo can tank a re-pop double puppet, if theyre both slowed, and not need much in the way of heals, whereas your average non-raid geared Monk may struggle with that.

Just a thought. Some Gharns monk is gonna chime in and RNF me about heals and tanking, but it's your game experience @ the end of the day!

[Oracle] [Grave Lord] [Outrider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris View Post
You also don't have to play here if you don't like the rules. It's your choice <3
Old 04-23-2020, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for the additional info. My Monk has pretty decent gear Fungi, mostly SS armor but far from raid geared. Agree with procs being unreliable way to grab Agro.

How many heals would you expect the monk to need once mob is slowed. Would the safest way be to just have the sham camp Agro after slowing? Figure if it’s not too many heals could just jump in as soon as Sham is out and with Mend and Stonestance probably be ok until Sham gets back in.

As Liaa mentioned may be worth just having Sham tank the whole time too. Gotta finish that last 20% of 59 but looking forward to giving this a try.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

You Malo, Slow, then Cripple... and then it’s all Torpor, DoT, Canni, Canni, Canni, Canni repeat.. ReSlow when slow gets within a minute of fading in case it resists. Fight going well throw in a PoX or BoK on top of epic.
Closed Thread