Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

My biggest problem isn't the bugs, even though i have multiple toons in erudin that can't leave without a port because the skiff is broken, which by the way, i notice 3 GM's posting here, but no posts from any of you in the thread about the skiff being broken. And my problem isn't the nerfs, even though i play a druid. My problem is with what little gm interaction i have had. The only feedback i have gotten from gm's, is when i am doing something "wrong" or the occasional shut the fuck up and take it posts from the local p99 sheriff, Uthgaard. Rogean, when SOE was down, you sounded like you wanted more people to join p99, but why would i tell friends to come here if your team of dev's is just going to shit on them? I mean you guys are quick to change an "inappropriate" name, your quick to stop people from using /ooc to buy things, even though /auction is kinda contradictory when purchasing, but not a single response on the skiff. Honestly, don't you think thats kinda bullshit?
Old 06-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First they nerfed the druids, and I didn't speak out because I was not a druid.
Then they nerfed the mages, and I didn't speak out because I was not a mage.
Then they nerfed the monks, and I didn't speak out because I was not a monk.
Then they nerfed me, and there was no one left to speak out for me.
You should probably take a step back and realize how ridiculous you sound : /
Old 06-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave
What I don't understand is, why not just patch in everything that happened up till Velious, right away? We KNOW what the patch history is, we know what they wanted to do with Classic. Just put it all in at once!! (except nerfed items ofc, leave them in with the proper timeline.) And all will be gumdrops and roses.
If there were a switch to flip, it would have been done Oct. 2009. You're severely underestimating the time it takes (mostly in research) a handful of people to reverse engineer all of these formulas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist_the_Lord
My biggest problem isn't the bugs, even though i have multiple toons in erudin that can't leave without a port because the skiff is broken, which by the way, i notice 3 GM's posting here, but no posts from any of you in the thread about the skiff being broken.... but not a single response on the skiff. Honestly, don't you think thats kinda bullshit?
I spent an hour trying to recreate the erudin shuttle bug on my test server about 30 minutes after the post first went up. The shuttle worked consistently. I tried a blind fix in this patch for what I thought might have been causing the problem. It apparently didn't work. Unless the bug gets fixed, there's no point in me addressing it. The reality is still that you'll have to petition or swim out to the boat yourself in order to get to Qeynos.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Orc

Out of curiosity, without a working live server circa 2001, how do you reverse engineer these formulae to actually be classic?
Old 06-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Orc

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxreigner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Out of curiosity, without a working live server circa 2001, how do you reverse engineer these formulae to actually be classic?
They are really smart. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-13-2011, 10:52 PM
Orc

Those of you who complain about all of the free gaming you receive should be ashamed of yourselves.

Seriously. Errors in code happen.
Last edited by nbirdy; 06-13-2011 at 10:54 PM..
Old 06-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbirdy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Errors in code happen.
Real talk.

By the sound of it, there's not really a test environment to find said errors either.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:12 PM
Aviak

Very cool. TY for the post Kanras!

Rotted Corpse
Necromancer of Cabilis
Old 06-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there were a switch to flip, it would have been done Oct. 2009. You're severely underestimating the time it takes (mostly in research) a handful of people to reverse engineer all of these formulas.
I probably am. Thank you for your posts, they were very informative and it's always uplifting to have direct discourse with developers, something that I think a lot of people here take for granted. It's really something else. To hear that you'd LIKE to skip through the updates as soon as possible, as opposed to just churning out the same mistakes on the same timeline, is something I've not heard here before.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by formallydickman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should probably take a step back and realize how ridiculous you sound : /
I know; there's still the holy trinity, right? Let's just all be warriors, clerics, and enchanters.
Closed Thread