Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 11:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by formallydickman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should probably take a step back and realize how ridiculous you sound : /
It's an adaptation of a famous quote by Martin Niemöller. Learn history.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that was his point. The original context of the quote vs. the applied context in this instance.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No shit genius. Nazi purging =/= Nerfs on P99
Old 06-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Banned

Because paying homage and drawing attention to it is the same thing as shitting on it and equating it with p99 nerfs. Rather zealous with your overapplication of Godwin wouldn't you say?
Old 06-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Sarnak

Shit happens.

That said, I think you and Nilbog are the best. Level headed and reasonable/responsive even when stuff is being thrown at you guys. Some of the other folks here can be uhh a little (unnecessarily?) acerbic. To use the Oliver asking for more food example, Rogean will tell you No and cut you bad with wit while Uthgaaaaaaard will say How dare you ask, slap you and then sell you to Fagin himself if he deems you to be wasting time/effort. Not that I've ever had any personal interactions with the GM staff, had no problems or caused any that I know of. Just how it sometimes seems to me from the outside! I'm pretty sure I'd become Uthgaaaaard in about a week if the chance was forced on me tho since many of you are cocks.

Anyways.. TLDR You do good work /attaboy
Old 06-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist_The_Lord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
once again 3 gm's posting in this thread and none posting in the bugged erudin skiff thread. ANYONE ELSE SEE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?
Kanras doesn't care about Erudites.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by aresprophet; 06-14-2011 at 01:14 AM..
Old 06-14-2011, 01:16 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To hear that you'd LIKE to skip through the updates as soon as possible, as opposed to just churning out the same mistakes on the same timeline, is something I've not heard here before.
Oops. I misunderstood what you were saying. Given infinite time to develop them, I would like to see virtually all of the same mistakes made.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oops. I misunderstood what you were saying. Given infinite time to develop them, I would like to see virtually all of the same mistakes made.
I cannot applaud this postion, for reasons that are far too numerous and SHOULD be far too obvious to even mention.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I spent an hour trying to recreate the erudin shuttle bug on my test server about 30 minutes after the post first went up. The shuttle worked consistently. I tried a blind fix in this patch for what I thought might have been causing the problem. It apparently didn't work. Unless the bug gets fixed, there's no point in me addressing it. The reality is still that you'll have to petition or swim out to the boat yourself in order to get to Qeynos.
i think it's just that ppl would lik eto hear that you are at least looking into it.. that you confirmed it doesn't work and are tryin gto fix it. they posted forever on the issue, and the only GM word they got was "the boat works, don't know wtf you're talking about" from uthgaard.

i quick post to acknowledge the bug is prob all they wanted. same with other bugs. another example, the fungi tunic drop rate was ninja-patched.. not a word from devs in the thread either. just to say a couple words will make the playerbase feel like they're being heard and not ignored by their GMs
Old 06-14-2011, 01:45 AM
Orc

Quote:
I wanted to address something from another thread.

I, of course, would agree completely that more testing is better. And I do apologize for those unintended nerfs that people have had to endure.

Regardless, if you have weathered the storm of the last few patches, then it's relatively smooth sailing from here on out. These were the last major negative changes on my list. So hopefully we can work together on ironing out any remaining issues. I think you'll find a much more classic feel when all is said and done.
You know what I think you are doing a great job don't listen to the whiny bitches.