Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk why that would be true. If you have the underlying code something like starting faction shouldn’t really be hard to have accurate. Definitely doesn’t seem to me like DEs have worse faction then on live. Freeport is completely accurate as to how I remember it.

If you think this is true post some evidence.
Just read through this. DE stuff has been getting adjusted for awhile. I've been watching it. Freeport is in good shape its mostly more obscure little factions.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ght=bard+grobb
Old 05-24-2020, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just read through this. DE stuff has been getting adjusted for awhile. I've been watching it. Freeport is in good shape its mostly more obscure little factions.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ght=bard+grobb
Sounds like a glitch specific to Grobb
Old 05-24-2020, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Do not make a DE Mage unless you really, really like Dark Elves. Because the racials are terrible for Mages. Hide will kill your pet, which makes it basically useless. And Mages can summon Coldstones to give themselves Ultravision.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Broadly speaking, dark elf faction causes limited nuisance in the old world and moderate nuisance in Kunark but becomes irrelevant (like all starting factions) in Velious. In the old world, at high levels you'll spend a lot of time in Nagafen's Lair and Lower Guk and dark elves can wholly or at least partially use the closest cities to both of those places so that's a nice compensation for the nuisance encountered at low/mid levels.

Come Kunark I'm always annoyed that Karnor, Kaesora, and Charasis all trash the evil outpost faction while the good-aligned folks have no such downside although having a good starting faction for Worker Sledgemallet will be a nice bonus in a recharge-free world. Obtain that and any necessary high-level spells before trashing the faction, then feel free wreck it and never look back. It's not too hard to kill enough goblins to make the good outpost usable if desired.

Danth
Closed Thread