Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 09:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno why the air pet is always last pick!! A stun is sooo powerful.... since it's an active damage mitigation (stopping the enemy from attacking or casting).

In a group that is great. And solo that is great (making up for the lower HPs). And the invis on top of it makes it just a stand-out pet!! For most situations.
In my rather short experience on blue, air pet for some reason is the weakest of all our pets. I haven't played long enough with MS I or MSII, I must have summoned each a couple of times but according to wiki regular focused pets are better than MS pets.

I'm not 53 yet, so I don't know about the 53 air pet vs 51 earth pet, but pre 50 the other 3 will be better. Only time I was not completely disappointed with air pet was when I was using the lvl 49 one vs Feeerrott spectres, it was faring about as well as fire/ earth pet. But HGs in Rathe Mountains kicked an air pet's butt in no time. Go figure
Old 05-26-2020, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Are MS pets a stepping stone between unfocused / focused pets, or are they just fashion at all costs?
Old 05-26-2020, 09:39 AM
Sarnak

Since they cannot be focused by any item, they're more a nice toy to have silly pets (only time I used MS I when I hit 34 was to get a Reanimated Hand pet Unrest at basement camp) than a real upgrade

I think on live some MS used to be better than regular pets, but not on p99
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Monster_Summoning.jpg (24.6 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by Vaarsuvius; 05-26-2020 at 09:48 AM..
Old 05-26-2020, 09:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno why the air pet is always last pick!! A stun is sooo powerful.... since it's an active damage mitigation (stopping the enemy from attacking or casting).

In a group that is great. And solo that is great (making up for the lower HPs). And the invis on top of it makes it just a stand-out pet!! For most situations.
A dead mob is even more active damage mitigation. I like air; he's fun. But generally suboptimal.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Strongest pet in-game pre-hate was level 49 water pet buffed with Staff of Elemental Mastery: Water. Max-level, focused with the staff hits for 58. Seems significantly more resilient than un-focused pets.

Now that the staffs for earth and fire are in, you'd have to check DPS parses.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Oh, and the strongest pet is a charmed level 51 rogue pet from hate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2020, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

*robots*
Old 05-26-2020, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

Until the tank dies from a big pull. Then the low hp air pet dies, then group dies.

Or keep earth pet up. Tank dies and earth pet mops everything up and sabes the group.

Outside of raids earth pet is overall the superior pet
Old 05-26-2020, 12:16 PM
Banned

Pets are heavily nerfed on p99 now if you want sick pet damage make an animist on DAOC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2020, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pets are heavily nerfed on p99 now if you want sick pet damage make an animist on DAOC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pets in EQ, DAoC and AO are the strongest pets in MMO history by far.