Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

I'm curious how this actually works on live but I'm unsure I want to do an entire warrior epic to prove it.

Basically my thought is that maybe, on live the Red Scabbard you get from the quest, is the version we have now. That doesn't let you combine summoned swords in it.

However, once you complete the epic and have the above scabbard, the 2 hilts and 2 blades, when you click combine that first time, you get back your epics and a new scabbard, this one allowing you to do the summoned sword combines.

It's entirely possible if both of those item IDs exist on live still that this is how it works. It requires you combine the epic hilts and blades first to get the upgraded scabbard and from there you can get both the 1hs and the 2hs.

So the sword merging combine (1hs to 2hs) and the sword splitting combine (2hs to 1hs) works in either scabbard. But once you do the combine in Scabbard 1.0, you get back your epics and Scabbard 2.0. Which is why the patch notes say you need to do the combine once if you already had the scabbard.

Confirmed Theoryquest - No skipping Queen in Chardok.
Last edited by Daldaen; 02-03-2016 at 02:35 PM..
Old 02-03-2016, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Ah, word. Well done.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm curious how this actually works on live but I'm unsure I want to do an entire warrior epic to prove it.

Basically my thought is that maybe, on live the Red Scabbard you get from the quest, is the version we have now. That doesn't let you combine summoned swords in it.

However, once you complete the epic and have the above scabbard, the 2 hilts and 2 blades, when you click combine that first time, you get back your epics and a new scabbard, this one allowing you to do the summoned sword combines.

It's entirely possible if both of those item IDs exist on live still that this is how it works. It requires you combine the epic hilts and blades first to get the upgraded scabbard and from there you can get both the 1hs and the 2hs.

So the sword merging combine (1hs to 2hs) and the sword splitting combine (2hs to 1hs) works in either scabbard. But once you do the combine in Scabbard 1.0, you get back your epics and Scabbard 2.0. Which is why the patch notes say you need to do the combine once if you already had the scabbard.

Confirmed Theoryquest - No skipping Queen in Chardok.
So in order to get Scabbard 2.0 that uses the 'summoned sword' you need to do a combine of the hilts and blades again? Sounds like nothing changed... how is this patch helpful?
Old 02-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Tetley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So in order to get Scabbard 2.0 that uses the 'summoned sword' you need to do a combine of the hilts and blades again? Sounds like nothing changed... how is this patch helpful?
edit: re-read

No, you would just need to do the break-apart combine in the scabbard with the epics you already had. Not redo the whole quest. Everyone logging after that patch or doing the quest for the first time would get Scabbard 1.0. After you finish epic for the first time or do the break-apart the first time after logging in that day, you would get Scabbard 2.0.
Last edited by Ele; 02-03-2016 at 06:08 PM..
Old 02-03-2016, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Tetley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be more clear:

Scabbard 1.0 = Item ID 17859
Scabbard 2.0 = Item ID 17869

Jagged Blade of War (2h) = Item ID 10908
Blade of Tactics (1h) = Item ID 10909
Blade of Strategy (1h) = Item ID 10910

Currently on P99, only Scabbard 1.0 (17859) exists. In the server code it allows two combines to be done in this container. The merging of the blades and the splitting of the blades. In both of these combines you keep the container, I.E. It doesn't get consumed in the combine (like PoSky recharging box does).

Container = 17859

Components to be Combined = 10909 + 10910

Result from Combine = 10908

OR

Container = 17859

Components to be Combined = 10908

Result from Combine = 10909 + 10910

However after the patch... These change. Instead of the container not being consumed, it does get consumed the very first time you use one of the combines after the patch... however, as a result, the combine yields Scabbard 2.0.

Container (When you combine now this goes poof) = 17859

Components to be Combined = 10908

Result from Combine = 10909 + 10910 + 17869

This results in Scabbard 1.0 poofing from your inventory, and Scabbard 2.0 being on your cursor along with the 2 1handed blades. Would work the same as splitting the 2h.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

Ahhh ok. But currently it's not doing that.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

And that is the bug.

The current version of the Scabbard that everyone gets from the quest / currently has, needs to get consumed in the split or merge combine, and the 2nd version of the Scabbard needs to be one of the results from this combine.

That 2nd scabbard needs a new recipe added to it which includes 2 Summoned Swords combined inside to yield the epics.

So it's modifying 2 existing combines and adding a new combine for the new scabbard and summoned blades.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Any word on this being fixed next patch?
Old 04-12-2016, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry, just don't want this to be missed. Any discussion? Thanks!
Old 04-26-2016, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Can we please get a reason why this was skipped, ignored, or over looked again? We go out of the way to make our helmets look ugly as sin yet skip a part of a timeline patch like this again?
Closed Thread