Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-29-2018, 01:19 AM
Aviak

Post nParse - Yet another parser.

Not sure if anyone cares, but I've finally decided to make my hobby parser public. I'm slowly converting everything so it's end-user friendly.

Current release includes Map parsing only. Shows maps based on eq client maps. Can add your own map files like you would if you were allowed to use the in-client map. Maps for nParse should be put in data/maps directory of the nParse folder.

Auto spell cast and target tracking using spells_us.txt and associated duration calculation is completed but not fully tested and should be in the next release.

Only reads log file. Does not interact directly with client.

Feel free clone my repository and do whatever you want with the source.

Installation and Usage:
https://github.com/nomns/nparse/wiki...tion-and-Usage

Source:
https://github.com/nomns/nparse/
Last edited by Mirox; 01-29-2018 at 01:36 AM.. Reason: Fixed links.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Looks cool!

There's already another log-based map program out there, but I'm curious to see how your's compares. More importantly there's not another map and spell-tracking program (and even the existing spell-tracker, Gina, requires you to configure it for each spell), so I can't wait to see that functionality.

P.S. Kudos for keeping it open source.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

I'm definitely going to check this out thanks a lot. I loved using Gamparse in the past but my computer has decided to never let it work again apparently. Gonna see if I can get it setup this evening
Old 01-29-2018, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Will be looking into this. thanks for sharing.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 01-29-2018 at 05:10 PM..
Old 01-29-2018, 07:37 PM
Aviak

Thanks all. I hope you guys get it setup and it works. This is the first time I have ever released anything, so I hope I accounted for the most obvious errors on first start.

Hopefully by the end of this upcoming weekend I will have the spell tracking release complete.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:37 AM
Planar Protector

I suggest you only distribute the sources so only people who really want to run it, can. Let the noobs experience classic mapless EQ for their own good.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:14 PM
Aviak

Hey yo!

Last time I will update this post or include updates on forums, I just wanted to let you know the spells stuff has been added.. I'll just update my git from now on.

Usage/instructions have been updated.

https://github.com/nomns/nparse/releases/tag/v0.2-alpha

Creates spell targets and adds spell times based on your level. You can change your level using the settings icon on the Spells window.

Targets are sorted by type (you first, friendly second, enemies third) and then alphabetical. Spells are sorted by absolute time remaining.

Feel free to send me PM on here or get a hold of me through github for anything like feature request, bug reports, etc.

Current todos: refreshable map spawn points timers, direction of travel on player icon, pvp spell duration toggle.
Last edited by Mirox; 02-04-2018 at 07:25 PM.. Reason: todos
Old 02-04-2018, 08:54 PM
Aviak

My bad, I had to do a quick update to v0.2.1. Go here for newest release.

https://github.com/nomns/nparse/releases
Last edited by Mirox; 02-04-2018 at 09:00 PM..
Old 02-16-2018, 07:45 PM
Large Rat

replace 2 programs with 1 :P now just need zone spawn timers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-16-2018, 08:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by brews [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
replace 2 programs with 1 :P now just need zone spawn timers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zone spawn timers are in. Although they aren't 'centered' on the location you selected yet. I am fixing this -- should be in next release.