Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-11-2020, 01:18 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Malaise spell isn't working on my Shaman.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Also, you should add a setting to the spell window that enables users to leave the spell visible when the timer has run out (instead of disappearing). This is so they can be reminded to reapply the spell instead of forgetting to reapply it altogether. Great app by the way!
Old 05-14-2020, 10:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, you should add a setting to the spell window that enables users to leave the spell visible when the timer has run out (instead of disappearing). This is so they can be reminded to reapply the spell instead of forgetting to reapply it altogether. Great app by the way!
Malaise stuff was already discussed earlier in thread.

The spell thing is on a long list of things to do. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-18-2020, 12:16 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Oh, another cool feature would be to be able to pause the timers for when you log out.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyFresh609 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would actually prefer to run full screen borderless. How are you accomplishing this? You have to pay for it with WinEQ right? I tried the windowed borderless program which worked except that it would screw with mouse clicking on the screen, everything was off by a few pixels.
i found an amazing little piece of software on git-hub called Display-Lock - works so well! I used to use borderless gaming to do windowed fullscreen but this is even better. display-lock prevents the cursor from spilling outside of the locked window, and still has options to maximize the window and make it borderless. so good!

https://stateford.github.io/Display-Lock/
Old 05-24-2020, 11:08 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i found an amazing little piece of software on git-hub called Display-Lock - works so well! I used to use borderless gaming to do windowed fullscreen but this is even better. display-lock prevents the cursor from spilling outside of the locked window, and still has options to maximize the window and make it borderless. so good!

https://stateford.github.io/Display-Lock/
Looks cool. I constantly click out of Window so I think the lock would be annoying. At least there is more options.
Old 05-24-2020, 04:44 PM
Aviak

Hey Mirox

This is a seriously handy bit of software, thank you for writing it.

For anyone else fed up of microsoft's warnings about the binary version, running the latest dev version works really well and avoids the pain.

Once you have python installed you'll need to "pip install" a few dependencies {pyqt5, request, gtts} but it's all really seamless and works out of the box.

The change to the windows layout in recent dev versions is a real quality of life thing for me, no more playing hunt-the-moving-line to cancel buffs when you click in the spells window.

I'm assuming that needing to edit the config json for things like spell cast level is only temporary while you work on profile support.

Once again, thanks for such a great bit of P99 CSR rule compliant software.

-m
Old 05-24-2020, 04:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by melandis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Mirox

This is a seriously handy bit of software, thank you for writing it.

For anyone else fed up of microsoft's warnings about the binary version, running the latest dev version works really well and avoids the pain.

Once you have python installed you'll need to "pip install" a few dependencies {pyqt5, request, gtts} but it's all really seamless and works out of the box.

The change to the windows layout in recent dev versions is a real quality of life thing for me, no more playing hunt-the-moving-line to cancel buffs when you click in the spells window.

I'm assuming that needing to edit the config json for things like spell cast level is only temporary while you work on profile support.

Once again, thanks for such a great bit of P99 CSR rule compliant software.

-m
Thanks! I think I include a requirements (hopefully it is up to date) file in the dev branch, so you should be able to do:

Code:
pip install -r requirements.txt
Some of the new stuff I am doing requires Python 3.8 I think.

I am so close to a new release. Almost done redoing the entire trigger (so they can be portable) and config (now with profiles) systems. Once I finish the code, I need to do some testing, but once those items are fully tested, then I will finally do a new release.

I have tested the new binary and it is not triggering on Windows anymore, so hopefully the next release will have less of these annoying false positive issues.

edit: I will pull all the changes into the dev branch for the testing phase.
Last edited by Mirox; 05-24-2020 at 04:54 PM..
Old 05-27-2020, 01:15 AM
Orc

Hey Mirox,
Can't wait for the new release!

Was wondering if spawn timers are on your radar at all? How about spells cast on you? (for example a cleric casting Reso on you, or a necro casting DMF on you). Also i have 0 coding knowledge but is there any possibility of setting up audio triggers for when things spawn, wear off, you're interrupted, invis wears off, etc? Currently I'm using GINA and nprase so i can have audio triggers but nparse is so crazy convenient I'd love to ditch GINA.
Love your work and appreciate your contribution to the community!

edit: another thought is is there a way to create multiple windows for different types of spells? say CC, Debuff and dots, buffs all having separate windows?
Last edited by illuminary3; 05-27-2020 at 01:21 AM..
Old 05-29-2020, 06:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminary3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Mirox,
Can't wait for the new release!

Was wondering if spawn timers are on your radar at all? How about spells cast on you? (for example a cleric casting Reso on you, or a necro casting DMF on you). Also i have 0 coding knowledge but is there any possibility of setting up audio triggers for when things spawn, wear off, you're interrupted, invis wears off, etc? Currently I'm using GINA and nprase so i can have audio triggers but nparse is so crazy convenient I'd love to ditch GINA.
Love your work and appreciate your contribution to the community!

edit: another thought is is there a way to create multiple windows for different types of spells? say CC, Debuff and dots, buffs all having separate windows?
Thanks!

You can already make spawn timers, but they aren't auto. Right-click on the map and create a spawn timer. There is no audible alert yet though. I am hoping to update this, but it won't be in the next release. I need to think of the best way to make auto spawn timers -- since the location is rarely where you actually kill a thing.

Spells cast on you will be up to the individual to add with custom timer. I cannot tell the level of the caster that is casting the spell. There are so so so many spell effects, and some have the same text, so it would be hard for me to implement a system to do this, and if I did, it would require a lot of parsing for a single line.

Dev branch has a huge amount of QOL updates in progress (full custom triggers like GINA, text alerts, tts, audio alerts, auto profiles, easier window management). I am trying my best to get it finished and I am about 95% done with the coding, but I am just one person and I am doing this with what little free time I have. There is still a ton of testing to do before I can do a stable release.

I would say future changes would include map updates and a way to create more than 1 window (especially for text alerts), but that is not going to make the next release.