Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-23-2019, 10:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Error in your GUI XML files - workaround

i ran into this error lastnight after moving a working eq folder to another computer, nothing on the forums worked, so i downloaded WinEQ2 and ran it, guess what? problem solved, i no longer have the error and the game runs smooth now. Hopefully this solves this error in the future for others that run into this bug. i would like to know what causes this error as the UIErrors file did not show any errors or missing files, only a time stamp from when the error file was created.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:39 AM
Orc

Typically I've seen this when I'm tryin out new UIs or changing UI pieces. Any recent changes there? (other than the ones with the the patches)
Old 09-24-2019, 07:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbelyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Typically I've seen this when I'm tryin out new UIs or changing UI pieces. Any recent changes there? (other than the ones with the the patches)
i reinstalled the game today from scratch and installed only the current patch and got the same error so i installed WinEQ2 again and it fixed the error, UIerror file still didn't show any missing or corrupted files just a time stamp, i later installed DuxaUI and it still gave me the error when launching it through eqgame.exe instead of launching the game through WinEQ2.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:17 AM
Orc

I wonder if the changes to lock out the UI windows they did broke the UI files somewhere. But if that was the case it would be everyone (with the latest patch) that would be seeing this.

Does it happen if you revert to the patch right before the pet window fix? I think that still works currently.