Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I would be down with a larger bonus for having a full group (or larger group). That would basically eliminate the issue of duos or solos not wanting to add more people and create a lot more opportunity for everyone to be getting XP.
The bonus would have to be exploitatively large considering the litigiousness of camp radius in the P99 playersphere.

Dumbasses expect you to remain upstairs only, when camping Scryer with a full group in Uguk; an average group level 19 can clear all of scryer upstairs, downstairs and all the way to the ladder room near shrooms.

24 spawns approximately; yet when a group actually attempts to undertake the spawn count they are capable of locking down, it's off met with some litigious idiot sitting in the middle of the pull path with a duo, throwing up fraps and getting people suspended for pulling "their mobs".

The GM-enforced rules, literally favor a solo-duo playstyle.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bonus would have to be exploitatively large considering the litigiousness of camp radius in the P99 playersphere.

Dumbasses expect you to remain upstairs only, when camping Scryer with a full group in Uguk; an average group level 19 can clear all of scryer upstairs, downstairs and all the way to the ladder room near shrooms.

24 spawns approximately; yet when a group actually attempts to undertake the spawn count they are capable of locking down, it's off met with some litigious idiot sitting in the middle of the pull path with a duo, throwing up fraps and getting people suspended for pulling "their mobs".

The GM-enforced rules, literally favor a solo-duo playstyle.
I disagree that it’s GM enforced rules because I never run into this issue on Blue (or if I have it’s been so incredibly infrequent that I can’t even remember one time where it happened). It’s more of a Green issue due to the EXP penalties IMO. If I’ve got a Monk and a Shaman, why am I gonna take that SK that wants to join. Or why would I take another Monk with a 20% penalty? I think once we hit the point where those penalties go away you will see way less of people refusing to allow more people into the group.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:48 AM
Banned

I thought full group exp bonus was classic and significant .. or am I thinking of another game like daoc?
Old 05-28-2020, 09:56 AM
Kobold

ok so the last time I played EQ was back in 2001. Only been playing on p99 for a few weeks. So I am surprised to learn that there is an XP penalty for group? I mean this seems counter-intuitive. What is the rationale for it?
Old 05-28-2020, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dural_Levant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok so the last time I played EQ was back in 2001. Only been playing on p99 for a few weeks. So I am surprised to learn that there is an XP penalty for group? I mean this seems counter-intuitive. What is the rationale for it?
There is actually a group exp bonus. It's very small.

The exp penalty they're talking about is the fact that hybrid and large-race exp penalties actually affect the entire group. When you invite a character with a 40% additional exp requirement, you get a small percentage less exp per kill because that character eats more exp. The same thing happens if you invite a character higher level than you.

The full info is here on the wiki: http://wiki.project1999.com/Experience

What it comes down to is "Group with people who have similar xp totals to you." Or just from a well-rounded group that can kill NPCs and don't worry about the exp totals.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:55 AM
Banned

why is a two headed potato your avatar
Old 05-28-2020, 11:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought full group exp bonus was classic and significant .. or am I thinking of another game like daoc?
On live the xp bonus is significant; here it maxes out around 10% iirc with a full group.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:41 PM
Aviak

I think it’s because the characters name is Potatus.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live the xp bonus is significant; here it maxes out around 10% iirc with a full group.
Yup. I think that's about the right number. Just bump up the bonus for each additional group member and everyone will have more motivation to take people on. And then you could decrease the bonus when the class penalties fall away.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Remember, you're grouping for networking opportunities, and to promote synergy between classes.

A group's performance should be greater than what the sum performance of it's individual parts would have been.
Closed Thread