Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 01:31 AM
Large Bat

Default How hated are Dark elves?

Hey so I'm rolling a magician and trying to decide on my race, was gonna be a dark elf for hide or a gnome cause they're small and cute.

My question is how many cities am I barred from as a dark elf? I know I can't enter "good" cities according to the wiki but couldn't find a list of which cities were "good" vs "neutral". If a city is KoS to you how hard is it for a magician to get in? How much harder will the game be for me as a dark elf?

Bonus question: how good is hide as a racial?
Old 05-24-2020, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

I think you will be okay in parts of FP (but not the bank). And I think parts of Qeynos also. But you’ll need to keep your head on a swivel. Both of those cities have tunnels under them as well.

You’ll need heavy faction work to get into cities like Kaladim, Kelethin etc.

Hide as a racial is okay, but more useful for a class like Enchanter who can use it to break Charm. Probably not extremely useful for a Mage since you can just cast invis.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

As long ad you don’t double down on bad faction by choosing an evil deity you should be alright. It’s not like the trifactor DE/nec/Innorruuk.

Roll a lvl 1 and find out.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:15 AM
Planar Protector

P99 has worse faction for Dark Elves then live ever did, especially with QeynosCitizensII (which is only 3 NPCs you need to worry about in Qeynos as an Agnostic Mage/Wizard) and Highpass Guards being KOS for agnostic/solusek/bristlebane Dark elves which they were dubious on live.

Its not THAT bad though.

I should mention that while DE is my favorite race, the Hide racial is actually worst for Magicians among their classes, as it can only be used when no pet is out, an unappealing position most of the time. Still good for a recovery med in peace though.

If I made a mage though, i'd make a Dark Elf. They look so great, especially in Robe of the Elements and endgame robes ;D with the cool pet.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:36 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bonus question: how good is hide as a racial?
Besides what's been mentioned so far, hide is also really nice for extended AFK breaks in places that would otherwise be unsafe to do so. How valuable this is is fairly situational though and depends on playstyle.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:08 AM
Sarnak

As an Agnostic DE Enchanter I have been killed by a racist Paladin GM in Erudin when I forgot to invis before going through a portal. Weirdly the normal guards in Erudin, who are supposed to be paladins as well, were all dubious to me without illusion. Freeport has been OK for me, Qeynos is OK too but I've conned at least one threatening NPC at the docks. Haven't been to Faydwer much, but I guess I'm not too welcome with the dwarves or the boring elves.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:01 AM
Planar Protector

I have a DE agnostic mage and its not that bad at all. The agnostic part makes a large difference, but the thing to remember always is not to assume class areas are safe in cities. You might be ok around all the guards but as soon as you get near a class guild you get demolished. This is good advice in general but especially for DE which is the somewhat less hated of the "evil" races and for any race with a problematic deity choice.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:32 AM
Kobold

Going gnome enables wall vision without shrink which is also a very nice QoL improvement
Old 05-24-2020, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

There are like 3 paladin factions in erudin, deepwater knights, peacekeepers and high guard.

Gnome is a worthy mention if you are into shenanigans as they can force eye of zomms through walls with their tiny hit box, causing their eyes to spawn at the zone’s safe spot.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 has worse faction for Dark Elves then live ever did, especially with QeynosCitizensII (which is only 3 NPCs you need to worry about in Qeynos as an Agnostic Mage/Wizard) and Highpass Guards being KOS for agnostic/solusek/bristlebane Dark elves which they were dubious on live.

Its not THAT bad though.

I should mention that while DE is my favorite race, the Hide racial is actually worst for Magicians among their classes, as it can only be used when no pet is out, an unappealing position most of the time. Still good for a recovery med in peace though.

If I made a mage though, i'd make a Dark Elf. They look so great, especially in Robe of the Elements and endgame robes ;D with the cool pet.
Idk why that would be true. If you have the underlying code something like starting faction shouldn’t really be hard to have accurate. Definitely doesn’t seem to me like DEs have worse faction then on live. Freeport is completely accurate as to how I remember it.

If you think this is true post some evidence.
Closed Thread