Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 08:59 PM
Aviak

Default Please Help Me Decide

I have been playing an Enchanter and have a yearning to try something different. I have selected the following as the most likely options.

Warrior
Rogue
Ranger
Paladin
Cleric

I know the last three still cast spells and the Cleric is still a caster but the can mix it up as well.

Please let me know your thoughts on these and why you suggest the one you pick. As a note I seriously thought about a Monk but I am a hoarder and the weight limitations threw me off.

If you have any other strong opinions please let me know.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:13 PM
Banned

last time i played a charm class and was done with it i rolled a cleric and solo'd it mostly to 51

i found healing and nuking undead enjoyable
/shrug
Old 05-24-2020, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Depends on the type of play style and experience you’re looking for
Old 05-24-2020, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Warrior

What you'll love
Tankiest meatiest manly man who does a ton of damage. You don't need to worry about spells. Come kunark you're really the only tank people care about

What you'll hate
Getting aggro. Its difficult. No self healing or fast recovery. Can't solo much

Rogue

What you'll love
Tons of damage. Big ass backstabs. Really, you do the damage, period. Being able to move around unseen mostly everywhere and help anyone grab a body.

What you'll hate
Can't really solo. Have to find a group.

Ranger

What you'll love
You can do a little of everything. You are kind of a magic and physical damager at once. Rangers are way better then people give them credit for. You don't actually die as often as people joke about, you actually die a little less then most classes (enchanters are actually the dying people) because of your high utility and control. You get harmony and SoW and tons of tools in your toolbox.

What you'll hate
Your damage isn't the best, and nothing you do is actually the best. You aren't actually *needed* strictly for anything, even with your huge toolbox of cool tools.

Paladin

What you'll love
You can tank AND heal pretty decently. You aren't a healer but you get a great mix of playstyles. You have a nice general spellset and are pretty beefy. You get a lot of great fashionquest options and quests for flaming swords and fancy armor.

What you'll hate
Your solo is pretty bad here too, and you can't do really ANY damage. You will be upset at how little damage you do.

Cleric

What you'll love
Your job is pretty relaxing MOST of the time. You can actually chat to people in groups unlike some classes due to the low actions per minute. You are THE Best healer, and really the only healer. Being able to rez people means you'll be loved by all. You can solo to 50 on undead. Your spellset is more general then people realize, with mild control spells.

What you'll hate
You can't solo TOO well non undead targets. You're a healer, but can't really do too much else without help. You don't get the super utility stuff needed to go places, no sow, no levitate, no vision spells at all, no enduring breath AND NO INVIS!
Old 05-25-2020, 12:21 AM
Aviak

WOW.....

Not the game...the superlative. Amazing amount of information. Thank you ever so much for taking the time to provide the pros and cons for each so consicisley. You have given me what I needed to base my decision on.

Thank you ever so much.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

very good assessment by cen. ill provide you a very much less informative one:

i find cleric to be the most versatile of the list you provided. roots and nukes for undead open up a bunch of solo spots. grouping as a cleric has one of the best (low) effort:appreciation ratios that exist in the game, but the fun thing is, like enchanter, there is a lot to learn to make you better. as a cler you can interrupt casts, soothe, and dispel mobs. does anyone expect you to? na, but if you do. not only are you keeping us alive but are a cool guy all around. you can DA which is a funky invulnerability mechanic that you can play with too. as an enc main im sure you can appreciate the potential, even tho i am not sure what it is

it's the last on your list, so maybe that means you added it tentatively, especially since everything else is a melee, so id say a pally would be awesome too. stay up, lay up, always be there. in a group or duo you can pull with soothe which is not to be ignored. a good pally can be incredible in groups, especially the leveling game. at the end, youll be one of the few so youll get a lot of loot which is a fun metagame in itself.

so thats my long take. fysa i havent played a pally

edit: think about what you can do as a cler with an enc friend: https://youtu.be/eDn9kj6OuE4
Last edited by bubur; 05-25-2020 at 01:08 AM..
Old 05-25-2020, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

I'm working on a video format of the what you'll love what youll hate guide, itl be more detailed, but im VERY slow to create this thing. I feel its gonna be a hit but man itl be late as hell for green. I want to find footage of a standard play of each class being played by someone ;p
Old 05-25-2020, 12:20 PM
Aviak

You make a strong argument for the Cleric. I added them at the end because I thought they might be a specialized option where if I wanted to solo some I could as long as it was undead. Thanks for the input and helping complicate my decision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ��
Old 05-25-2020, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Cleric, u can always duo with an enchanter and laugh as they do the heavy lifting with actions per minute. Knowing that this is no longer ur problem.
Old 05-25-2020, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drannorius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You make a strong argument for the Cleric. I added them at the end because I thought they might be a specialized option where if I wanted to solo some I could as long as it was undead. Thanks for the input and helping complicate my decision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ��
Clerics can solo most of the way and I did. Kithkor nights are awesome. It makes me giggle that people do spectre anymore when there are a few mobs in kithkor that can skyrocket you to 50 staying blue the whole way and also being level 40 mobs with 1100HP and hitting for 80 non spellcasters giving twice the xp of a spectre per kill on a 6 min respawn. Half the money though due to specs scythe.

Kithkor soloing is like a 30 minute on 42 minute off with breaks relaxing solo that gives you more xp in 30 minutes per day then spectres for 72 minutes constant on