Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eladrimar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
74 years, that name will always have a stigma, I mean after 6 million Jewish people died and 3% of the world population died, its hard for a name to beat that dark cloud.
There is a Japanese restaurant in the mall by me named Tojo's Kitchen...nobody seems to care. Most don't even connect it to WW2.

Adolf is very rare in Germany (along with most of its other European language equivalents), although it was common before WWII so there are still some very old men with the name.

I don't think it will come back any time soon...there was too heavy a stigma and now there just aren't many people who would have someone they love to name a kid Adolf after.

The connotation is still strong too, but I don't think the stigma will survive another century.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Depends when liberals decide its not worth teaching about war because "war is not the answer".

Then people will forget... some at least...

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 07-29-2019, 03:18 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends when liberals decide its not worth teaching about war because "war is not the answer".

I hope you are being sarcastic. I know you probably aren’t but I truly hope that nobody could be this brain dead.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Honestly that doesn't sound liberal at all. Liberals love to talk about war, and the horror of it: it's conservatives who like to bury the truth and pretend war's a big party ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by System of a Down
Everybody's going to the party, have a real good time
Dancing in the desert, blowing up the sunshine

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly that doesn't sound liberal at all. Liberals love to talk about war, and the horror of it: it's conservatives who like to bury the truth and pretend war's a big party ...
Shut up.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Liberals...conservatives...war's a big party
ftfy
Closed Thread