Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These RoZ type box just want to cater to the same people who need some bodies on the server to make it feel not so empty. It would be so easy to get 200-300 people including casuals with their shitty code and a few rule changes, but it’s the same old degenerates.

It’s dumb to play on anything other than red99 if you want eq or pvp really. Which means sidelines.
The Devs do cater to our small population as it stands right now because they are basically using the remaining population to test stuff and get luclin/pop ready so they have a solid box for the future. Also, starting the box from scratch the server has been somewhat of a shit show. The coding was a joke at the start. It is looking good right now.

The goal for 2.0 is definitely a large population and they will not cater to specific people. Secrets is the anti cheat guy and hates everyone equally.

Devs are in discord daily getting feed back and tweaking features like the RoZ kill cam, which is twitch feed, that shows pvp encounters. They also take polls and ask about things like what exp rates people want. We just discussed yesterday and the consensus was the community wanted leveling to be slow for 2.0.

Things that classic lovers might hate that I think will stay in:

-2 box
-translocators instead of boats
-bazaar zone that you get to by hailing a npc in EC tunnel so people can have a char set up as a merchant (doesn't count against your box limit)

I get that certain features turn people off but I don't see this as catering to a certain group of people. It is just how the devs like it.

As for pvp loot turning away casuals, I agree with this. I don't think it would if they give it a shot but the thought of it will stop people from trying it. I think item loot is a requirement for it to be a real pvp server. If you want a good blue server p99 already has it. The item loot doesn't hurt the casuals playing the server though. All you have to do is not carry around good items in your inventory. The gear you are wearing is safe. It isn't hard to not get your stuff looted.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

Everyone thinks that if the server was just run "their way", hundreds of players would be dying to login. LoL.

Make a server with your rules then.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Tank2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
8 levels is too big 4 is ideal 2 up 2 down [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

otherwise you will have chewies killing people camping FBSS ( easymode garbo pvp )
8 levels is too big? wtf..... the only way I'd negotiate it being any smaller is ALL major dungeons, planes, etc all be open to PVP any level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 05-17-2019, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
8 levels is too big? wtf..... the only way I'd negotiate it being any smaller is ALL major dungeons, planes, etc all be open to PVP any level.
With teams +/- 8 lvls is the way to go. Tallon zek was fun from classic into kunark and then cross teaming became the norm. This is why you must hardcode so you dont have people healing the other team while being untouchable in pvp.

Just have everyone start with a tome at lvl 1. If they hand to priest of discord, they go to evil team. If they dont hand in, they stay good. After level 10, the tome disappears from inventory.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone thinks that if the server was just run "their way", hundreds of players would be dying to login. LoL.

Make a server with your rules then.
Yeah a lot of retarded ideas get passed around for sure. I really dislike the devnoob servers for this reason. They take every idea thrown at them with no filter. You definitely need a level headed dev to filter out all the crap.
Old 05-18-2019, 06:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With teams +/- 8 lvls is the way to go. Tallon zek was fun from classic into kunark and then cross teaming became the norm. This is why you must hardcode so you dont have people healing the other team while being untouchable in pvp.

Just have everyone start with a tome at lvl 1. If they hand to priest of discord, they go to evil team. If they dont hand in, they stay good. After level 10, the tome disappears from inventory.
8+/- with hardcoded teams is perfect.

IMHO teams should be based on race clustered into 3 factions, something like 1) Humans 2) Evil 3) Elves+short races
Old 05-18-2019, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowlife [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
8+/- with hardcoded teams is perfect.

IMHO teams should be based on race clustered into 3 factions, something like 1) Humans 2) Evil 3) Elves+short races
Evils get fucked out of bards, druids and so on. Letting the player pick their own path 20 years into everquest seems like a better route in my opinion. I would be happier with a ffa server, but would rather see a server with a high pop.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Evils get fucked out of bards, druids and so on. Letting the player pick their own path 20 years into everquest seems like a better route in my opinion. I would be happier with a ffa server, but would rather see a server with a high pop.
SZ religions then fam

The Good Alliance consists of: Erollisi Marr, Mithaniel Marr, Rodcet Nife, Quellious, Tunare

The Evil Alliance consists of: Bertoxxulous, Cazic Thule, Innoruuk, Rallos Zek

The Neutral Alliance consists of: Brell Serilis, Bristlebane, Karana, Prexus, Solusek Ro, The Tribunal, Veeshan.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:28 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
make all items droppable other than epics and keys a la Fironia Vie
this is what i picture green 99 being, Fironia Vie
Old 05-20-2019, 02:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Tank2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bards and druids are garbage and don't matter in mass pvp
Jesus
Closed Thread