Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Default Druid, killing greens.

Hey is there any easy way for a druid to clear up a bunch of greens? AFAIK the best way is with thorns, and to sit down, but that means if im camping an item 40 levels below me, i end up using a lot of mana healing and stuff...

Is there any way for a druid to reliably kill greens in zones where they cannot charm something in a quick and easy way? A lot of outdoor items involve killing a bunch of PH's heh, as a druid I'm at a loss as to how to do this efficiently.

Is there a really good ratio AOE im not aware of? or am I just totally missing the elephant in the room?
Old 05-19-2019, 07:54 PM
Kobold

Upheaval is best bet.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Man thats ruff, a few uphevals and im OOM.. like when I got myself a levi cloak, clearing all the lions and elephant calfs, was torture to me.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Grab a bunch, load DS on yourself, go to a corner and unload lumi clicks
Old 05-20-2019, 03:52 AM
Planar Protector

If it's real low level stuff (like Quillmane PH's) you can use the summoned bear pet, assuming you're level 55. Bear is like level 25 or something and can cruise around with sow swatting the low level junk. I also found that using your best root spell seemed pretty good for killing single low level mobs in the case where a usual nuke is overkill. If you're killing mass amounts of low level greens, Upheaval.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:39 PM
Kobold

Hierophant's Crook

Keeping Ice of Velious off the streets of Norrath
Old 05-20-2019, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive never tried one of these, and yeah, perticularly spawns like peggy good god killing all those crappy ass little mobs is hell, and I was 54 at the time when I did it so I didnt have the bear pet heh.

Thanks for the replies guys! Yeah, no secrets so far it seems [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The heiro crook looks pretty good though, does it proc 4 times a minuet? I guess that could get old, but idk for clearing out a zone of greens, that is pretty good actually for free mana... no? This looks like it might be the secret actually? I never have even thought about this item in years.

How rare is this item? It sells for only 1k the wiki says, seems low.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

If you have 255 dex it will proc twice a minute. If you are a Druid you probably don’t have 255 dex. I forget exactly how much dex my 60 Druid has but I’d wager it’s about 100 which may net 1 proc per minute.

If you pull a ton of low level greens and melee them with your stacked damage shield it could be viable. If you had 10 mobs stacked it could average ~2500 damage per minute with low dexterity (~42 dps). You might kill them all from your DS before you proc though.

Might as well just afk med and manually cast Upheaval. If you don’t have any form of clarity it’d take 3 minutes to Med the necessary mana to more efficiently blast the 10 mobs for 6500 total damage (~36 dps over 3 minutes). Since the fight would be shorter you could pull the full 25 for ~90 effective dps. If you had potg it’d work out to 47dps for a 10 pull and 117dps respectively.

If I need to farm out some green cons for whatever reason the 55 bear pet works well enough if I need to crawl around sniping singles. If it’s something like plowing really low tons of mobs for faction just pull a bunch, pboae them down and afk Med waiting on respawns.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-23-2019, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have 255 dex it will proc twice a minute. If you are a Druid you probably don’t have 255 dex. I forget exactly how much dex my 60 Druid has but I’d wager it’s about 100 which may net 1 proc per minute.

If you pull a ton of low level greens and melee them with your stacked damage shield it could be viable. If you had 10 mobs stacked it could average ~2500 damage per minute with low dexterity (~42 dps). You might kill them all from your DS before you proc though.

Might as well just afk med and manually cast Upheaval. If you don’t have any form of clarity it’d take 3 minutes to Med the necessary mana to more efficiently blast the 10 mobs for 6500 total damage (~36 dps over 3 minutes). Since the fight would be shorter you could pull the full 25 for ~90 effective dps. If you had potg it’d work out to 47dps for a 10 pull and 117dps respectively.

If I need to farm out some green cons for whatever reason the 55 bear pet works well enough if I need to crawl around sniping singles. If it’s something like plowing really low tons of mobs for faction just pull a bunch, pboae them down and afk Med waiting on respawns.
Yeah that's actually exactly what I expected.. I thought, there is no way that something that does an AOE for 255 damage doesn't proc probubly more than once per min and it sells for 1-2k haha..

word ok, thanks guys, basically what I am hearing is the killing many greens struggle is real, until you're 55-60 :P
Old 05-23-2019, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Soloing greens is never a struggle for druids. The bear pet is cute but I think the max summon caps at a hit of 28. It’s low level and the damage output isn’t good. The best thing is that since it is low level it will get hit frequently (think thorns DS). Thorns probably ends up doing as much if not more actual damage than the pet itself. If you give it a hp buff sow and regen it’ll live fairly well vs greens and the damage won’t be on you.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread