Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you request this? Makes no sense. I am starting to doubt if anyone is even responding with serious replies any longer.
Because if you split the server and then merge it back, you have doubled the rate of entry of plat and loot drops into the system for that time period... so there's a bit more of a ramification than you let on. You'd have to halve the drop rates to maintain the integrity of the economy, but now that solution doesn't look so good, does it?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 10-31-2019, 12:03 AM
Sarnak

Support two servers.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because if you split the server and then merge it back, you have doubled the rate of entry of plat and loot drops into the system for that time period... so there's a bit more of a ramification than you let on. You'd have to halve the drop rates to maintain the integrity of the economy, but now that solution doesn't look so good, does it?
You're spot on. Having two /list sources of items being eventually merged back together means the 6 or 7 month window of those items being available might as well be tossed out as a restriction.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:28 AM
Banned

A lot of weird speculation being toted as fact in this thread.

Why even make arguments based on servers being merged when Rogean himself said they don't know anymore if they are gonna merge green into blue or not? Time will tell. Just like the staff doesn't know if they need to make any changes to the current system via further increasing the spawns rates or even opening up a new server, to which they said was a possibility, or anything else because again time will tell.

Also, while polls are a relevant source of information to (possibly if the staff wants), make a decision based on said poll, it's not a 100% guarantee. I think we all know that Rogean and Co does what they want in many situations regardless of popular opinion because it's their sandbox.

Yea green kinda sucks right now. Low levels are amazing in my experience as a level 7 SK Troll (don't judge me and my obscene EXP penalty). But I have heard from multiple friends that 20+ can be an absolute nightmare as soon as leveling spots start dwindling and be mostly dominated by pet classes controlling everything level relevant in their range.

But the most important aspect of it all is we don't know what will happen in the future. But I'm positive the staff is watching and will make changes when absolutely necessary, regardless of a poll that didn't have a clear majority.

TL;DR - play or don't play based on population. Staff will do what they think is best, not what the beard on your neck thinks is the right call.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:05 AM
VIP / Contributor

The butter is not spread over the bread equally. All of the butter starts at a few select spots on the bread, and then slowly spreads out, however the choices of the butter knife are not seeking equilibrium, the butter knife spreading the butter is erratic and chaotic and sometimes chooses to clog around certain areas of the bread as if by some kind of fatal attraction

Now I want some toast...mmmm toast
Old 10-31-2019, 02:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khikik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The butter is not spread over the bread equally. All of the butter starts at a few select spots on the bread, and then slowly spreads out, however the choices of the butter knife are not seeking equilibrium, the butter knife spreading the butter is erratic and chaotic and sometimes chooses to clog around certain areas of the bread as if by some kind of fatal attraction

Now I want some toast...mmmm toast
Sounds like some fine artisan garlic toast, perfect next to a plate of spaghetti.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundumbwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of weird speculation being toted as fact in this thread.

Why even make arguments based on servers being merged when Rogean himself said they don't know anymore if they are gonna merge green into blue or not? Time will tell. Just like the staff doesn't know if they need to make any changes to the current system via further increasing the spawns rates or even opening up a new server, to which they said was a possibility, or anything else because again time will tell.

Also, while polls are a relevant source of information to (possibly if the staff wants), make a decision based on said poll, it's not a 100% guarantee. I think we all know that Rogean and Co does what they want in many situations regardless of popular opinion because it's their sandbox.

Yea green kinda sucks right now. Low levels are amazing in my experience as a level 7 SK Troll (don't judge me and my obscene EXP penalty). But I have heard from multiple friends that 20+ can be an absolute nightmare as soon as leveling spots start dwindling and be mostly dominated by pet classes controlling everything level relevant in their range.

But the most important aspect of it all is we don't know what will happen in the future. But I'm positive the staff is watching and will make changes when absolutely necessary, regardless of a poll that didn't have a clear majority.

TL;DR - play or don't play based on population. Staff will do what they think is best, not what the beard on your neck thinks is the right call.
this is what vanilla was really like and while i'm having an absolute blast, that's because I planned an extensive adventure loop around foreknowledge of what vanilla was really like. and that will come to an end when I reach a certain level. in actual vanilla, everyone who wasn't an OP class spent a lot of LFG time begging for pity and/or mercy. get used to it.

imo having the poll while the bulk of people were still playing with spawn time reduction was wrong, at least methodologically. whatever results were gathered doesn't reflect vanilla. either the spawn time reduction system needs to be applied universally, or a split is necessary. the correct move is to apply spawn time reduction universally rather than split because it's fun to have a packed server.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not starting green again so soon, good luck to those that want to do that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-31-2019, 05:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is what vanilla was really like and while i'm having an absolute blast, that's because I planned an extensive adventure loop around foreknowledge of what vanilla was really like. and that will come to an end when I reach a certain level. in actual vanilla, everyone who wasn't an OP class spent a lot of LFG time begging for pity and/or mercy. get used to it.

imo having the poll while the bulk of people were still playing with spawn time reduction was wrong, at least methodologically. whatever results were gathered doesn't reflect vanilla. either the spawn time reduction system needs to be applied universally, or a split is necessary. the correct move is to apply spawn time reduction universally rather than split because it's fun to have a packed server.
Gotta call incorrect and rose tinted glasses on this one.

I did play during vanilla launch and a newbie zone wasn't packed with 350 players sitting in a single exact spot waiting for that mob to spawn.

Hint - there wasn't a single sever on original live during launch week that had 2k+ active players that knew all the in and outs of EQ
Old 10-31-2019, 07:16 AM
Skeleton

Pretty sure the community was split 50/50 and the staff were the ones that decided no.
Closed Thread