Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-04-2017, 05:18 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Unhappy error code sp-1?

ive checked and triple checked, i have downloaded the most recent patch from july.
i stayed up all night and have almost got back to the game i loved so much.
im at the character creation screen but in the selection slots is written "your spells are outdated, please visit... etc."
cant figure this one out, i would really appreciate any help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-19-2017, 02:15 AM
Decaying Skeleton

anyone? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-19-2017, 09:11 AM
Fire Giant

Did you install to the default location of c:\program files (x86)...? if so move your eq folder somewhere else, such as C:\Sony\Everquest. To move it just cut / paste the folder. Change your shortcuts to reflect the new location, redo the v45 patch and try again.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 11-19-2017, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Sounds like you didnt install the EQ patch correctly. Make sure you are pasting it into the right directory.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:04 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I am also having the same issue. I have installed the game on to a new computer and I can't shake this error off. I have done everything I could, (new directory, turned off anti virus, turned off firewall, patched correctly, etc, etc) I have reinstalled the game several times and I have exhausted all the options I have.

One thing I will note; After correctly extracting the latest patch and logging in, I see the "NOTES" window pop up. When I log in correctly on my old computer I believe the notes are up to date with the latest patch info. When I log into the new computer with the 'SP-1' error it only has a brief note dating back to November 2005.

If anyone has a fix for this I will give you an in game /hug. <incentive
Old 11-22-2017, 08:23 AM
Decaying Skeleton

*UPDATE*

Well I have good news and bad news. The good news is I have found a way to get around to fixing the "SP-1" error at the character screen. The bad news is that it probably will not work for you. I simply copy and pasted my Project 1999 directory full of files from my old computer to my new computer. I am thinking maybe there is a problem with the current patch files? Were they modified at all?
Old 11-29-2017, 05:17 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Did anyone/everyone solve this?

I've been bouncing off of it. I've re-downloaded P99Files45.zip a few times, applied it several times. re-installed Titanium at least 6 times now. It seems very adamant that the current P99Files45.zip is not suitable for the current servers. There isn't really any more useful information given, so I'm not sure how to diagnose it further.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Having the same problem, read through countless threads to try and fix the problem, and nothing. Tried multiple re-installs, firewall off, changed permissions, tried didn't locations, and still the same. Even turned off firewall completely for 10 seconds while logging in, nothing works. This is so frustrating.

The software recommended on this site, Duxa's one step installer, set off anti-virus, which said it had a virus, and immediately deleted it. Installed as Administrator, patched, logged in etc. Still the same thing. Not sure what else to do. Please help, a suggestion. I've downloaded and reapplied the patch numerous times so that doesn't work. I've also taken out the needed files. This issue has come up alot in the past, and the fix is different for others, and sometimes the same thing. I'm an old player from 1999-2001, and would love to play this game again.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:11 PM
Aviak

I'm having the same issue here.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:23 PM
Aviak

Any help with this please?