Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Should you be banned for talking about drugs, politics or EQ expanions in /ooc?
Yes 47 27.81%
No 95 56.21%
Maybe 27 15.98%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghesta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I say remove the ability to OOC till you hit level 20. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolutely brilliant!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghesta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I say remove the ability to OOC till you hit level 20. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, this is a great idea, this has worked EXTREMELY well in MANY different games I have played to naturally filter out idiocy (danthrotica, how I shall miss thee!).
Old 02-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

if you dont like ooc, just skim it for the lfg tags....

Yeah
Old 02-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Aviak

I wasn't serious!

That's stupid, why would they do that!

level 3 maybe... 10? No! The smiley face was for sarcasm.

My point was why police OOC at all? Just turn it off or filter it to a junk window, that's what I do.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:48 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't like a discussion in a CHAT channel. Don't chat. Shut it off and stop being a fucking pussy.

I can't imagine how soft-skinned you must be outside of the game if a simple chat channel can raise your ire so much.

TL;DR

Shut the fuck up and deal with it, pansies.
Finawin will you be my friend?
Old 02-22-2010, 04:32 AM
Large Rat

Voted no.

Sometimes when I've been sucking off EQ for hours on end, grinding it...it's nice to not be limited to discussion strictly about ingame shit. Sometimes I wouldn't mind getting caught up in an EQ or even EQ2 expansion discussion with other people when I'm stuck medding for a long time, or waiting on a group.

As far as drugchat, stoners like to know other players are just as stoned as they are. Feels good man. So you're either:
A. Bullshitting about drugs with likeminded people
B. Ignoring the drug chat because while it's not your thing, you really don't care about /ooc banter that doesn't affect you.
C. Getting really mad about the discussion of drugs and wanting to force people to stop.

A and B are rational. C is irrational.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:41 AM
Sarnak

Move all players who have a problem with drugchat to a guild called [sXe]
Old 02-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Skeleton

Turn off your ooc and quit bitching servers up thats all yopu people do fuckin bitch none stop 24/7
Old 02-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Large Rat

It's not that people want to chat about out of game topics. It's that people Troll for attention, and get it... from other Trolls, and this makes /ooc unusable to anyone except the Trollers and Flamers. I dont care if you want to talk about your neighbors bad breath, or how far up your ass your panties ride. I just get tired of the obvious spamming of ignorant crap that that is intended to do nothing more then disrupt the channel. Once the the channel turns into a white noise of whos smoking what, why <insert political figure here> is the worst ever, why your religion is better than others and god doesnt love anyone but you... It starts to effect all those that don't want to be a part of the circle jerk. Sure, we can turn it off, Ive done it many times, but that takes a part of the game that is intended for honest discussion of in/out of game issues and makes it only usable by those taking part in the bull shit.

It's not about talking to others about whatever you want. Its about disrupting the channel for the sake of disrupting the channel, then telling everyone else they need to alter their game to accomodate you.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Lightbulb

Quote:
^ This, or limit, by *insert whatever is most effective here, IP or account or character*, the number of posts to a global channel (or a specific global channel, or all global channels) per *insert whatever amount of time here is voted upon and/or reasonable*.

I wouldn't mind if I can only post to a global channel once per 2 or 3 minutes. I use /tell for my primary means of communication.

Wow, did I use enough punctuation there?

SUDO MAKE ME A SAMMICH ><
Closed Thread