Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Aviak

There is really no reason for this post. The camper has the right to pass it to anyone. Like a girl before sex also has the right to change her mind. Looks like you are just trying to rake Meew over the coals to add insult to his not getting the camp.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Aviak

too long, didn't read.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

I think Meew understands the server rules quite well, this seems to me like it was more a misunderstanding of whether or not you were actually holding the camp for Meew.

Did you tell him you were? If you did then you should have kept your word and waited to untill Meew could come and take the camp as Tylwyn said.

I dont really understand why you had to take this to the forums and post a huge dialoge, these types of threads usually end up making the OP look just as bad as the person who is being flamed.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Orc

I disagree, and let me get this straight:

OP was supposed to wait until he got the boots, then send Meew a tell, who was halfway across the world, at which point Meew would begin to make his way over and take the camp?
What if another Drezlna spawned before Meew got there, was the OP to kill her while the 3rd guy sat helplessly, even though they both knew the OP did not need the boots? If Drez did spawn before Meew got there, would the 3rd party get the camp until Meew arrived, at which point he would have to turn it over in case the boots didnt drop? As you can see, that doesn't make any sense and a normal person wouldn't expect that situation to occur.

If we are to believe the OP, who claimed:
Quote:
A little ways in I got a tell from Meew/Quik asking me to let him know when I was done, as he wanted to get in line behind me, but he didn't want to actually be in the zone while he waited.
Then the OP only had a duty to let Meew know when he was done with the camp and nothing more, it is immaterial what Meew's purposes were afterward, or whether Meew thought that, not only should OP let him know, but also hold the camp for him, if OP did not also think the same thing.

Secondly, I disagree that this is an internal matter, as Try claimed, and I hate when people use terms like that, which they hear on movies or whatever, to sound professional.
It isn't an internal matter because the OP is not in the guild Divinity, yet was harassed by Meew. Basically, I think the whole server needs to know what kind of a person he is, as it was his choice to act in the way he did toward a non Divinity member.
I don't think the OP was out of line at all, if it were me i would have told him that it was his problem and left it at that.
Last edited by amaterasu; 02-24-2010 at 04:56 PM..
Old 02-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Kobold

The person waiting at the camp should always have priority over someone not waiting at the camp. IMO this should be a server rule.

I have had a run in myself with Meew, not the kindest person in the world.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Secondly, I disagree that this is an internal matter, as Try claimed, and I hate when people use terms like that, which they hear on movies or whatever, to sound professional.
It isn't an internal matter because the OP is not in the guild Divinity, yet was harassed by Meew. Basically, I think the whole server needs to know what kind of a person he is, as it was his choice to act in the way he did toward a non Divinity member.
^ This. This was a player v player dispute, and I think warning people about the behavior they can expect when dealing with this player is appropriate. This has nothing to do with Divinity as a whole other than the fact that Meew's actions reflect on the guild tag he is wearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Meew understands the server rules quite well, this seems to me like it was more a misunderstanding of whether or not you were actually holding the camp for Meew.
Sorry, but everything is a misunderstanding when it comes to dealing Meew because the guy alters his definition of "the right thing to do" based on what benefits him. I would have trouble understanding if I changed my stance that often as well.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

metric assload of whining it how much in US conversion?
Old 02-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
metric assload of whining it how much in US conversion?
1 Transcendence.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelatin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 Transcendence.
Check. Mate. Sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Sarnak

I have had retarded encounters with Meew as well... thankfully he didn't go on and on for three pages though. Just said I'm "drama"... haha. K
Closed Thread