Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 03:26 AM
Fire Giant

Uuaellaen is a cool dude. Stop with the nonsense.

I can't vouch for that Uaellaen guy though. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We should have a graveyard of some sort for dumb threads to go.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:39 AM
Fire Giant

awful defensive posts in this thread

I personally have seen quite a few of the "its me and my brother/sister/mom/cousin/friend even though we always play at the exact same times and are never apart" types, but theres really no way to prove theyre two boxing. Matahari is one of the most obvious boxers ive ever seen in my life (ive played PEQ since it began) and he remains to this day without a ban because its just impossible to prove, plus the gms have better things to do with their time than follow a guy and his box around to even try to prove it.

Basically to get banned for it you have to confess and ask for a ban, with a photo of yourself at the comp playing both characters alone and today's newspaper. What there really needs to be is a more complex system for getting an ip exemption, including proof of both players being a real person through either a picture or a conversation on a ventrilo or over the phone or something. Its just too easy to petition "lol guys me and my cat wanna play eq together, exemption plz"
Last edited by Pheer; 02-24-2010 at 03:41 AM..
Old 02-24-2010, 03:40 AM
Planar Protector

rofl ... i dont always play with my brother, thats why im 50 and he is 44 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-24-2010, 04:02 AM
Sarnak

Post pic of both of you IRL with chars open at char select flicking off camera holding up note that says "jelatin more like gayatin".
Old 02-24-2010, 04:42 AM
Large Rat

Well think about it in this sense.

If you were a two-boxer, and someone accused you of two-boxing, with a screenshot to back up their accusation, what would said two-boxer say to deny his accusation of two-boxing?
Old 02-24-2010, 05:23 AM
Kobold

A good two boxer would have a detailed backstory prepared and photo evidence.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:40 AM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
awful defensive posts in this thread

I personally have seen quite a few of the "its me and my brother/sister/mom/cousin/friend even though we always play at the exact same times and are never apart" types, but theres really no way to prove theyre two boxing. Matahari is one of the most obvious boxers ive ever seen in my life (ive played PEQ since it began) and he remains to this day without a ban because its just impossible to prove, plus the gms have better things to do with their time than follow a guy and his box around to even try to prove it.

Basically to get banned for it you have to confess and ask for a ban, with a photo of yourself at the comp playing both characters alone and today's newspaper. What there really needs to be is a more complex system for getting an ip exemption, including proof of both players being a real person through either a picture or a conversation on a ventrilo or over the phone or something. Its just too easy to petition "lol guys me and my cat wanna play eq together, exemption plz"
^^ this

seen the same, its hard to prove anything on this server, petitions dont work. Ive had the same petition in que for over 2 months. If i screenshot my "proof" its really easily debatable and to get a gm online is like winning the lotto. Most of the time they get away with hit. Im about to rage on this server.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

i have to say its gotten better, way more GMs online recently ... also if you didnt read, all petitions older then .. feb 12th? or something were deleted ..
Old 02-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

Two boxing is the devil, even Quenyar Ali agrees. Enough said.