Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2021, 11:11 PM
Kobold

Default I was conmparing SK to Paladin

The parent classes of the SK are destroyer/destroyer and the parent classes of the Paladin are destroyer/creator.

So what does the Paladin get in return for having one parent which has a conscious?

What does the Paladin get in return for spending half his time caring about others which the SK doesn't have to do?

Without givers Norrath wouldn't exist so why is the SK always the talk of the town when all he ever does is take and why is the Paladin made to look a bit second rate even though he gives half his time to help others on daily basis making the world a better place?

Without the Paladin the SK wouldn't exist because the Paladin is the original Knight and that's because he not only takes but he also gives too unlike the SK who is a leech.

So the SK is an inverted Paladin buffed up and made to look cool otherwise nobody would play him.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the SK is an inverted Paladin buffed up and made to look cool otherwise nobody would play him.
yes but humans look dope in black cant deny.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:26 PM
Sarnak

I have no idea what you're talking about, parents?
This is why SK is tight as f-ck.

Here is your origin for Shadow Knights.https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Lord_Soth
Old 06-08-2021, 11:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes but humans look dope in black cant deny.
Big flaming sword or black armor tough decision.

I think I would have to go with big flaming sword every time though if looking cool was the name of the game.

I could walk around in just my underpants unshaven and still look cool if I had a big flaming sword in my hand.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:48 PM
Sarnak

Every Paladin main has the same character traits and personality type:

1. Nasally voice
2. Never shuts the fuck up on voice chat
3. Completes every obscure quest nobody else does
4. wELl aKTuUaLLY
5. Has mentioned 37 times that "back on live we.."
6. Actually thinks Half-Elves look good
7. Thinks MD2020 is good wine
8. Has a Windows 10 key "plug" for cheap keys
9. shows up BEFORE the bat phone goes off at 3AM on a Tuesday for Faydedar
10. Nobody:
Absolutely Nobody:
Paladin Mains: Dude flaming swords look so good.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:53 PM
Fire Giant

dang a guy can't even like being a paladin anymore? yeesh
Old 06-09-2021, 12:48 AM
Sarnak

Being a hybrid gets better in Luclin. Just wait until AAs. Paladin group heals, bigger buffs, faster self heals and once Slay Undead gets trained up you will be the new emperor ssra of the basement.
Old 06-09-2021, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no idea what you're talking about, parents?
This is why SK is tight as f-ck.

Here is your origin for Shadow Knights.https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Lord_Soth
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 06-09-2021, 02:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They've made death look cool but Paladins create life which everybody genuinely wants and Shadow Knights create death which nobody wants not even Shadow Knights (so they're traitors to their own cause)

In reality, every SK should call every Paladin he meets 'daddy' while sitting on his lap and thanking him for life while the Paladins do likewise to the one they serve; it's called hierachy and life is at the top not death.
Old 06-09-2021, 02:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being a hybrid gets better in Luclin. Just wait until AAs. Paladin group heals, bigger buffs, faster self heals and once Slay Undead gets trained up you will be the new emperor ssra of the basement.
On TLP all hybrids are legit healers in exp groups. Have had so many rangers save our group with back up heals, but even more recently I had a Paladin MAIN HEAL for our group. Was it ideal? No. Nor did it look fun for the Paladin. But it was 100% viable.
Closed Thread