Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya because of pharming operations for questionable purposes.

Do you want a good fun server or a toxic piece of shit server?
Above all, a server with a healthy population.

No pop = no server.

Lists are (somewhat) toxic, but if it is what it takes for a new server to have a healthy pop, I welcome lists.

I would love to see Green2.0 without legacy items (except maybe ST) just so we can actually measure people's appetite for actual classic EQ, as opposed to appetite for securing legacy items.
Old 08-12-2021, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Above all, a server with a healthy population.

No pop = no server.

Lists are (somewhat) toxic, but if it is what it takes for a new server to have a healthy pop, I welcome lists.

I would love to see Green2.0 without legacy items (except maybe ST) just so we can actually measure people's appetite for actual classic EQ, as opposed to appetite for securing legacy items.
My experience on green spanned the first 2 days it existed. When the server came up, me and my buddy.... had to lock down one decaying skeleton spawn point in freeport. And that was our source of exp for 3 hours. With THAT many new players, (what, 6x more than when blue launched?), all whom have access to ALL of the information about the game via the wiki, without lists legacy items would be a complete and total shit show. Small groups of players would hold manastone camp for months straight. Trains galore. KSing. ETC.

Yes, lists suck. But realistically, if you just let everyone go all willy nilly, those camps would be a total bloodbath. And, on top of that, you probably have a better chance at getting a manastone/mask by sitting on a list for 30 hours straight vs trying to get the camp if lists didn't exist.
Old 08-13-2021, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Izmael, it seems like we're on the same page then.

I don't think everyone playing P99 time line progression servers is here for the "invest in your future!" aspect of getting a manastone or whatever early on or the social status of having a DE mask.

Its fun to play the game when everyone is progressing together and not entrenched.

The only reason to rush like mad to level 50 is to secure those $$$$$$ fat stacks items.

Removing that incentive people would go to max level ASAP for the fun of it and to secure whatever other camps, but it wouldn't be a make it or break it life depends on it I need this to support my family type of situation that it felt like.

Manastone and De mask could drop from random level 20+ mobs at low rate for a fixed amount of time or something totally the approximate number of those items in game from those camps being permacamped and everyone could just relax and play the damn game.

So many solutions to the "legacy" item problem, a problem that only exists on project 1999.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-13-2021, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

The other thing to remember is auction/wiki prices are not what the item is bought for. People who only tunnelquest have no problem sitting on an item and not lowering the price for an extended period of time.
Old 08-13-2021, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Tradeskills are a plat sink

/thread
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Only goof balls think wiki prices mean anything in real life its hilarious when people think that. Its like kelly blue book for used 1985 corolla GTS's or something haha

No one trade skills Baler, except enchanters for jewelry and people smithing to make banded.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread