Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 01:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Add each plane from PoP and make the planar entrance match up with a spot in the world.

Innovation in Steamfont
Fire in Lavastorm
Tranquility in the middle of Erud's Crossing
Disease in RnF channel
You get the idea
This is a great idea to introduce custom content. Imagine clicking on the top of the windmill in steamfont to zone into plane of innovation.

Here's a bonus to make it super interesting... Add these zone-ins but do not announce where they are. It would reintroduce that feeling of exploring an unknown world without an all-encompassing wiki.
Old 08-12-2021, 07:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raise the level cap to 65 and add Luclin and PoP AA's.

Add Beast Master but don't add Cats.

Add each plane from PoP and make the planar entrance match up with a spot in the world.

Innovation in Steamfont
Fire in Lavastorm
Tranquility in the middle of Erud's Crossing
Disease in RnF channel
You get the idea.

Win/win/win/win.

Losers are the people that want to lock down NToV, ST, and VP so they can flex on mid tier raid guilds and stand in EC tunnel with primal weapons for the next 10+ years.
This. The Bazaar was a QOL improvement, but it removes a major social aspect of the game, which is likely the single largest explanation to its longevity. Without another interactive trading system that supports haggling, its impacts are too grave to be acceptable.

The rapid porting via POK also further removes social interactions, but the nexus portals are in the same category with nearly identical function as a boat, so if you are ok with boats, you should also be fine with those portals. We already have wizards, it’s not like it’s a far-fetched idea that breaks immersion ( like adding a Ferrari F430 to a Middle Ages game would).

Also, the inclusion of the planes and the progression system that it provided were the leak of EQ lore for me. It seemed like the ideal culmination point for the classic experience. Instead of reading about the gods in your dusty old players manual you got to embark on the quest to defeat them with your guild. Surely a few of the hiccups from PoP and SoL could be removed to protect the social interdependence that makes EQ thrive. We need more content on these server, we’ve already reached peak immersion and the depth in content would likely be a good pressure relief for some of the try hards.

Also, I bet there are enough qualified people here to create and design this content if the Nilbog/Rogan team would ever accept applications - it doesn’t have to fall solely on them. Veto anything that doesn’t meet the standing “pseudo classic”” criteria.
Last edited by MaCtastic; 08-12-2021 at 07:23 AM..
Old 08-12-2021, 08:22 AM
Sarnak

I'll donate $100 to the server if they open SoL!!!
Old 08-12-2021, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Also, a note on further expansions.

On TAKP (SoL currently, with plans to go to PoP then locked) a completely Classic guild existed that would only move to the next expansion when they conquered the current one. Players could only equip items from the past and current expansion to conquer the expansion's content.

These players made their own "Classic" experience and they had the ability to do it with no problems. The other guilds happily gave them the targets they desired.
Old 08-12-2021, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCtastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. The Bazaar was a QOL improvement, but it removes a major social aspect of the game, which is likely the single largest explanation to its longevity. Without another interactive trading system that supports haggling, its impacts are too grave to be acceptable.

The rapid porting via POK also further removes social interactions, but the nexus portals are in the same category with nearly identical function as a boat, so if you are ok with boats, you should also be fine with those portals. We already have wizards, it’s not like it’s a far-fetched idea that breaks immersion ( like adding a Ferrari F430 to a Middle Ages game would).

Also, the inclusion of the planes and the progression system that it provided were the leak of EQ lore for me. It seemed like the ideal culmination point for the classic experience. Instead of reading about the gods in your dusty old players manual you got to embark on the quest to defeat them with your guild. Surely a few of the hiccups from PoP and SoL could be removed to protect the social interdependence that makes EQ thrive. We need more content on these server, we’ve already reached peak immersion and the depth in content would likely be a good pressure relief for some of the try hards.

Also, I bet there are enough qualified people here to create and design this content if the Nilbog/Rogan team would ever accept applications - it doesn’t have to fall solely on them. Veto anything that doesn’t meet the standing “pseudo classic”” criteria.
how do you turn this on
Old 08-12-2021, 11:36 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, a note on further expansions.

On TAKP (SoL currently, with plans to go to PoP then locked) a completely Classic guild existed that would only move to the next expansion when they conquered the current one. Players could only equip items from the past and current expansion to conquer the expansion's content.

These players made their own "Classic" experience and they had the ability to do it with no problems. The other guilds happily gave them the targets they desired.
My only problem with TAKP is the population is pretty small and how many of those are boxers? Last time I logged in there was about 200ish people and a boxer who was controlling 10 people ran past me, so it got me wondering how many unique people are actually there.
Old 08-13-2021, 05:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrenell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My only problem with TAKP is the population is pretty small and how many of those are boxers? Last time I logged in there was about 200ish people and a boxer who was controlling 10 people ran past me, so it got me wondering how many unique people are actually there.
I normally wouldn’t care about boxing, but each time I think “I’ll give TAKP a shot” im essentially playing solo. Everyone is self sufficient with a three-box and the interaction is very low. Maybe it’s just because I’m playing from an asiatic time zone, but doesn’t change the fact it feels like an empty sever.

If I was going to wager the outcome if they turned that server into a truebox, I’d bet that popularity would go up.

Also, the client kinda of sucks. Middle mouse button not working drastically impacting the ergonomics of play. Yes, 3rd person still works, but the level of precision I have in wheeling out and looking around almost feels natural. Toggling through multiple views, finding the one I want, then looking around, then toggling back to normal mode is cumbersome.

Fix the middle mouse control, you get more players; enable truebox, even more would follow.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCtastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I normally wouldn’t care about boxing, but each time I think “I’ll give TAKP a shot” im essentially playing solo. Everyone is self sufficient with a three-box and the interaction is very low. Maybe it’s just because I’m playing from an asiatic time zone, but doesn’t change the fact it feels like an empty sever.

If I was going to wager the outcome if they turned that server into a truebox, I’d bet that popularity would go up.

Also, the client kinda of sucks. Middle mouse button not working drastically impacting the ergonomics of play. Yes, 3rd person still works, but the level of precision I have in wheeling out and looking around almost feels natural. Toggling through multiple views, finding the one I want, then looking around, then toggling back to normal mode is cumbersome.

Fix the middle mouse control, you get more players; enable truebox, even more would follow.
I am with you 100% on everything you said here. A true box/one box server locked at pop or oow would get me to make the move tomorrow.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:18 AM
Fire Giant

I think that live has taught that random loot rules work amazingly well to weed out antisocial play. Being able to camp any level appropriate boss and get loot from any other is whatEQ desperately needs. P99 should give it a serious consideration for like a 6mo trial. Zero petitions. zero camp disputes. Just need to normalize all XP ZEM’s.

Box on takp, take it or leave it.
Mouse wheel lacking is stupid beyond belief. It’s just so bad.
Old 08-13-2021, 10:30 AM
Orc

Quote:

Exactly what I've just found over the last couple of hours....fully agree. P99 Blue up to PoP....
Closed Thread