Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 10:08 AM
Sarnak

Default New World??

Any folks hopping on to New World this week? I enjoyed the Betas, gonna give it a try, would be great to play with some P99 veterans.
Old 09-28-2021, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

I'll probably try it out sometime in the next week. Looks interesting. Not really sure about this "no classes" thing since ultimately people will build their character into what is essentially a specific class, so why not have classes, but looks fun overall.
Old 09-28-2021, 02:31 PM
Banned

is it any good?

the combat turns me off but I would try if it had good reception
Old 09-28-2021, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

I can’t wait to use blankets to farm goods from the locals
Old 09-28-2021, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is it any good?

I'll be playing it sometime in the next couple days. Can let you know. The faction war system is interesting, seems like they're trying to go for a DAoC angle there; we'll see how it works out...if the player base shrinks you're going to have problems because you will be splitting the pop three ways in terms of availability of players to group/guild etc. with.
Old 09-28-2021, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

Its a lot of fun, different from any MMO I have played. I played a Rogue in EQ so melee was always pretty action oriented with positioning and everything. NW rewards skill in a way that most MMOs don't IMO. Crafting is fun, and the PVE will get a lot better with time as they figure out how to challenge the players.
Old 09-28-2021, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

I'll wait til its confirmed as something worth trying, I'll let the "I've been playing here since pre-alpha alpha" guys have their moment [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2021, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll probably try it out sometime in the next week. Looks interesting. Not really sure about this "no classes" thing since ultimately people will build their character into what is essentially a specific class, so why not have classes, but looks fun overall.
The weapons you equip have skill trees and abilities tied to them that you level up by using, so really, your weapon choice is essentially your class. It just lets you swap out playstyle on the fly without having to create a ton of alts.
Old 09-29-2021, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is it any good?

You already know my opinion from the thread in off topic, but I think it's good so far. Some servers have absurd queues, the ones with popular streamers playing on them in particular. Amazon has had to open up dozens of new servers to handle the demand. I chose a more quiet server that has only had a modest queue of a few hundred.

Currently up to level 24 and having a blast!
Old 09-29-2021, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

sad there are no elves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

the lore feels like it'd be hard to get into. isn't it just christopher columbus but magic?