Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is variance still needed?
Yes, it promotes "competition" 75 29.18%
No, its an unneccesary non-classic time sink 182 70.82%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
This poll will close on 06-07-2015 at 11:24 AM
Not a necro, the poll is still open P~

India, I knew I liked you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by India [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not true. See my earlier post.
On Rodcet the top guild got 90%+ of the mobs, at least until Velious was released.

In fact there was competition, some pretty stiff competition, but much like P1999 the guilds that were considered competition folded, went thru other iterations (names) and folded again.

History is repeating itself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by India [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that all you could come up with?
Tell me then, what do you remember of Rodcet Nife?
How late were you allowed to play?
What guild were you in, and during what year(s)?
Did your raiding on RN interfere with homework, family time, or were you even on RN?

Or was the above just a statement you pulled out of your ass for lack of anything else to contribute?
LOL

Quote:
Every blue server had their own set of rules that they followed
On Rodcet we raced for the mobs. The only difference between Rodcet Nife and this server is on RN if a guild got to the mob and was prepping, and a second guild arrived and was ready to engage, the second guild usually (not always) gave the first guild xx minutes to pull and kill,,, else they would leapfrog.

If the first guild pulled and wiped, the second guild killed the mob

If the first guild didn't pull within the time allotted by the guild that was waiting for them,, they would generally rush past (leapfrog) and kill the mob.

As more and more guilds got to raiding level, we had a lot of racing, training, leapfrogging, etc. OOC was always good drama [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup

Quote:
First off all, I'm female which of course = I'm right [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Arirang, along with notable guilds like EiE and Ascent weren't formed until after Velious release.
Read on... the interesting stuff starts at Kunark release about 1/2 down which clearly shows domination by an alliance INITIALLY (to be referred to as one since that's what is done here when one guild is allied with another...) It was generally always a race between the alliance and EK - with EK dominating due to their guild roster which included players from all over the world.

PS: started to bold the more interesting parts but didn't have time to finish...

[27th April 1999 or so] RN opens
[20th June 1999] 12 guilds formed, they represent the first 12 guilds on Rodcet Nife. Confirmed: Brew Masters.
[?] Feylin is the first level 50 (druid)
[?] Covenant of Peace formed. Lead by Rhyno, influentials include Dyvim, Mirax, Axine and lots of others.
[?] Legions of Rodcet Nife is formed and accomplishes... what?
[?] Order of the Dragon formed members would include Phad, Korban, Katia, Melissa, Heclrolv, Tilien, Seela, Maple (Sewerslop), Eldog, Creath, and many more.
[October 1999] Brotherhood of Steel formed mostly by BatMUD players with Glayde as the leader. Most Ascent officers will be members at one point or another (Delheru, Honch, Reia, Vesi)
[?] Souls of Relevance formed. Corona, Tuvas, Mairi as influentials and Fulkson as leader.
[?] Covenant of Peace falls to internal disagreements mostly between Mirax and Axine
[?] Warlords of Wrath (WoW) formed with Lachdonnan leading. The leads were to be passed on to later influentials such as Lliam, Emalith, Quintus, Grum and Foolra.
[?] Mirax leaves Rodcet Nife
[?] Something goes horribly wrong between Axine and Sinclaire (Vosh), and both are the types to hold a grudge
[?] Avatars of Discord (AoD) forms, lead by Satao with Dyvim, Axine, Asian, Morghul, Malsheen, Ailennin, Nails, Kimmy, Armanthus, Lofwyr etc as fairly key figures
[?] Arcane legacy (AL) forms, Rhyno leads with Ghime, Zinf, Ryne etc as key figures
[?] Harbinger of storms (HOS) forms as an "less" American guild with a lot of asians. Does planes etc. Lead by Valdraug with influentials like Sern, Gazloy and Liosliath
[?] Thelyn Amar forms, lead by Sinclaire (aka Vosh) with other influentials such as Vykdrago, Mirax, Celegrom and Xanatax
[?] Highland Clan formed with Snakes leading and other (later to be) influentials including Thun, Rogosh, Lighting, Sysquella etc
[June 1999] Sinclaire (Vosh) <Thelyn Amar> obtains the first Soulfire on Rodcet Nife
[?] Eastern Keep (EK) forms, lead by Carol with Jeet, Yohon etc as other influentials
[?] Guardians of the Malt Formed with Dajal leading. Other influentials include Fornza, Doraf, Vison, Hairen etc.
[?] First Nagafen kill - by a semi pickup raid run by... who?
[16th Oct, 1999] First Vox kill - mostly AoD/AL force lead by Dyvim
[?] Other significant guilds include Darkflame Knights, Brotherhood of Steel, Souls of Relevance etc etc
[?] Thelyn Amar disappears due to the political problems caused by the Axine - Sinclaire dispute
[?] Sinclaire rerolls as Vosh
[?] Rhyno retires?
[?] Honch, Xanatax, Morbos etc form Exiled Legion (EL) to do planes outside the domination of AoD/AL
[?] CT killed by AoD/AL
[?] Vosh joins Exiled Legion
[?] Plane of Hate opens
[18th Dec, 1999] AoD/AL kills Innoruuk
[December 1999] Ancient Souls formed under the leadership of Dundamoor. Eelyen and Locz other influentials.
[January 2000] Ancient Souls leadership passes on to Eelyen
[?] 3 day PoFear camp by HoS/EL/someone(DK?) to get CT succeeds, AoD/AL furious
[?] Delheru and Reia join Exiled Legion (EL) (!)
[?] Massive arguments about "farming" of Plane of Fear, with Dyvim, Zinf as the main attackers and EK on the defensive.
[?] Exiled Legion kills Innoruuk
[?] Exiled Legion kills Cazic Thule
[?] HoS kills CT
[?] HoS splits due to playtimes or whatever. What is now HoS is clearly dominated by asian players. Valdraug, Gazloy etc leading figures.
[?] Dol Amroth (DA) is formed by the Americans from HoS and the higher level players from Darkflame Knights, with Vyel, Nujai, Qadan, Filja as key figures originally.
[?] Mass exodus from Order of the Dragon, as Phad, Ashani, Heclrolv and others leave to help form Dol Amroth (DA), others join Exiled Legion (EL) and AoD.
[?] Darkflame Knights withdraw from the high end game.
[?] Exiled Legion kills Nagafen
[?] Dol Amroth kills Nagafen
[?] HoS kills Vox
[?] HoS kills Nagafen
[?] Sultania leads popular pick up raids to kill high end content. Huge conversation about official rotations and "planar calendars".
[?] Sultanias revolution overrun by the AoD/AL steamroller at Nagafen.
[?] Brotherhood of Steel and Souls of Relevance Merge to form Altered Destiny. Corona, Glayde etc as significants.
[?] Ancient Souls goes somewhere in here
[?] Krolins guild? Fear and Disorder or something
[?] Aegeis <Avatars of Discord> finishes the Fiery Avenger

[31st March 2000: RUINS OF KUNARK RELEASED] AOD/AL/EL - an alliance, clearly dominate.

[?] AL core of Zinf, Ryne, Moglit, Ghime, Strago(?) move to Veeshan to join FoH after being clearly ahead of the leveling curve on RN. Zinf delevels, but Ghime sells to Arktreod of AoD.
[?] Few EL and AoD groups race for content like Sebilis first.
[?] Asian retires
[?] Dyvims playtime reduces significantly.
[?] Feylin and Arkmaru argue about who hit 60 first.
[?] Delheru, Dyvim, Nails fade away during the summer 2001
[?] HoS kills Venril Sathir
[?] Fargus, Reeves, Aktar etc had their own guild (Axiom Shift I think) thing going, definitely badly placed here.
[?] The new Ghime has leveled to 60 and starts his "Ghime's club" which does deep Sebilis with the first lvl 60s on the server.
[?] AoD/AL and EL are both in fairly bad shape, and during a Chardok raid decide to unite forces.
[?] Altered Destiny (AD) allies with Dragon Knights (DK) to take out Trakanon
[?] Lots of older AoD/AL/EL members return to the game
[10th Sep, 2000] AD/DK kills Trakanon
[10th Sep, 2000] MythMakers, Circle of Sol and friends lead by Fargus, Aktar and Reeves defeats Plane of Sky island 7
[?] AoD/AL/EL kills Trakanon
[?] The new Ghime joins AoD
[?] Delheru joins AoD
[?] AoD/AL/EL and AD/DK negotiate a rotation, but the terms favor the more hardcore AoD/AL/EL and soon the rotation turns in to their domination
[?] AoD/AL/EL kills Venril Sathir
[?] AoD/AL/EL kills Silverwing
[?] EK kills Trakanon
[?] EK gets overrun by AoD/AL/EL in a race for Trakanon
[?] FA quests released (more on those elsewhere)
[?] Llew retires(?)

AoD/AL/EL got their share of targets but EK ended up reigning supreme during Kunark (I don't have the WHOLE history posted) due to having players from all over the world in their guild. Because of this they could raid at anytime of the day or night
hahaha of COURSE you are female! Not a doubt in my mind! High Five sister.

Oh how I miss Rodcet Nife. It's gone, and it's never coming back. I appreciate P99 for offering me as close as I'm going to get.

Get rid of the variance. Let us figure it out like we did in 1999. We can do it.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Fire Giant

India, there was a rotation. My memory is not very good, but this does sound pretty close to what happened later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baramur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the guy posting about the top guild on rodcet getting 90 percent of mobs before velious you are most defiantly wrong. Eastern keep got some, aod alliance got some, ancient souls some, tul Achron some, arirang some, dragon force some. You had 4 or 5 guilds constantly competing, yes trak was limited to ek, aod, and toward end ascent. Then when velious came ascent and aod alliance rotated ntov and sleeper, and later dol amroth and ek were added to rotation. It was not a forced rotation but the high end guilds worked together to not waste each others time. Rodcet characters were nimamok and later honch
Old 05-21-2013, 12:46 AM
Large Bat

Holy shit that Rodcet history...
Old 05-21-2013, 02:31 AM
Sarnak

/guildwar

let the greedy gear hoarders use their precious pixels in a real fight! End of problems.

Seriously....at least try it for a week! Let them deal with each other in game instead of RnF.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:31 AM
Banned

Been saying it before and I'll say it again. Get rid of FTE, that won't solve the problem but it will be the first step in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/guildwar
That would do wonders as well.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:25 AM
Kobold

Though the variance was a great proposal I just think it further decreases the likelihood of anyone other than poopsockers from seeing raid targets. If anything the spawn time should be increased or we should get something like the weekly reset, at least for raid mobs. That way they're all up at once and raid guilds will have a shot at some mobs because they'll all be up at once. I think that may be one of the best solutions because then people can plan for that if it's always going to be the same time for the reset.
Closed Thread