Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

If your sky's missing, you probably were not careful when applying the latest patch. In a nutshell, if you copy one folder over another in Finder, you will replace the old one rather than merge the contents of the two.

To safely apply the patch, you need to copy the contents of each folder separately.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:49 PM
Skeleton

Default Realistically affordable places to acquire Titanium!

Hello. I apologize if this isn't the proper place for my question. I do own a mac and like what this server has to offer. I played on the Al'kabor server for a brief spell but paused due to a hectic schedule. I'm excited about P99s classic environment and the player engagement it fosters.

The EQemu Mac installation guide here seems straightforward enough. However, finding a reasonably priced version of EQ Titanium seems presently unrealistic. I've internet searched and the results have been far and few between. The cheapest used price on Amazon is about $70ish. And I'm not sure about the viability of purchasing a used version from a private party. Since a downloaded version is unacceptable, I'm hoping someone here might be able to direct those of us needing the mega installation CD set to to an agreeable retail haven. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I normally would not post questions such as these but I've been hard pressed locating physical discs that aren't exorbitantly priced. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for your time, Salient
Old 10-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

I am having an interesting problem on here. My EQ runs fine except when I turn with my mouse. I will turn like 180 degrees and it won't let me turn any further. Then I can turn the other direction 540 degrees and it hits a similar wall.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am having an interesting problem on here. My EQ runs fine except when I turn with my mouse. I will turn like 180 degrees and it won't let me turn any further. Then I can turn the other direction 540 degrees and it hits a similar wall.
This is a long-standing bug in WINE. I've never been able to find a build that didn't exhibit this bug, but I've mostly gotten used to it.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Okay, thanks for the reply.

I wish we could box on this server, my Macbook Pro would make it super easy.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hi. Mac user needs some help on Step 5 of Avatar's guide, where it says to Copy your EQEmu installation into the "drive_c" shortcut folder.

I don't have any install CD's. I play on EQMac for just shy of a year and got that by just going to Sony's Website and doing it that way.

Any suggestions where I need to copy files from on my computer?
Old 10-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

While I did help install the game on a mac, the user did most of it and I don't understand Macs. I don't read this thread.

Feel free to make a new post in the forum if you are not getting answers here.

I've PM'd a few of you regarding Titanium.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi. Mac user needs some help on Step 5 of Avatar's guide, where it says to Copy your EQEmu installation into the "drive_c" shortcut folder.

I don't have any install CD's. I play on EQMac for just shy of a year and got that by just going to Sony's Website and doing it that way.

Any suggestions where I need to copy files from on my computer?
You need a fresh install of Titanium. I PM'd you with instructions.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salient [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello. I apologize if this isn't the proper place for my question.
I sent you a PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Followed all the directions. However, when I go and click on Project99, nothing loads. I'm able to force quit it, but nothing shows up. I've tried restarting the mac, but nothing.

Any ideas?

Edit: One mistake I made was I installed Titanium to the default directory that pops up the first time. However, I went back and used the /remove feature in Disc1, then reinstalled to C:\P99.
Last edited by nwin; 10-30-2013 at 08:53 PM..